Pins and Needles

Since being on Rasagiline, I get episodes of pins and needles in my hand and arm, with slight numbness in finger of right hand.  All my pd problems are on my left hand side.    Should I be concerned.  It happens quite often, passes reasonably quickly, and frankly I ignore it.  Could it be the start of pd on my right side?

Hi Beacon

We did a Q&A on non-motor symptoms a while ago that may answer some of your questions. Take a read. If you have follow-up questions, you can contact a nurse on our helpline at 0808 800 0303.

I hope this helps. 

Ezinda

Not so much pins and needles, but I got numb knuckles when I started on Rasagiline. Lasted a good few months, but it cleared up of its own accord.

Semele

Worth mentioning pins and needles pasted after month or two. No side effects whatsoever.  I think Rasagiline has helped very slightly, walking probably better.  Maybe slightly less stiff in fingers. 

Feeling quite lucky two years in, and no worse.  I just get on with life, and pretend (to myself) I have a bad arm.  I am 56 years old, still work full time, and try to keep very active - lots of digging and weeding really seems to take my mind off/keep me fit.

Parkinsons is such a strange illness, no-one knows what the future holds for them.