PIP and ESA - what do you think?

Hi

The very reason i had too give up work,

Over time physically  unknown too myself i had become a danger too myself and others within a catering environment, the danger was purely unintentional but caused by my limitations, it was also frustrating too myself that I had become useless physically and mentally and it also effected those who i worked with emotionally watching me become from able too unable.

It is all very well being put in a work group should it come too that, but the under lying problem still remains, business is business it has a reliance on it's employee's being able too do the Job safely.

Exactly Sea angler

Why put people with parkinsons  in the work group , dwp can make you look for work but they cannot make employers give you a job and has you quite rightly say if you cannot do your job safely then it  becomes a health and safety issue .

Guess I've been very fortunate, I was placed in the support group after a face to face medical which was conducted with understanding and empathy, 6 months prior I was awarded high rate for both care and mobility. I've not experienced any of the problems or nasty attitudes described here by others either from the assesor for ESA  or anyone at DWP in fact have recieved nothing other than help, support, and advice. I wish this could be the same for all applicants.

Hi Kyloe

What does the support group actually do and how do you get into this group, I haven't approached anyone about the problems I personally have with working, my boss is fine with me, It's how I feel.

I'm due to retire anyway so I feel I should bow out gracefully, having said that my boss has not given me any encouragement to stay on, I don't really blame him because there is a lot I can't do and feel as if I am a burden  to my work colleagues.

Hi Shefinn, I applied for ESA as soon as my 28 week sickness benefit finished, CAB helped me to fill the forms in and submitted my application on my behalf. If placed in the WRAG group by the medical assessor you are expected to still seek suitable work and still expected to attend the job centre but not as often than if you were on JSA. WRAG benefit is only payable for one year, whereas Support Group is payable up to state pension age, also the amount paid for WRAG is less than one would get in the support group. So if placed in support group DWP are accepting the fact that you are not fit for any type of work.so you dont need to attend the job centre or be seen to be actively seeking work so long as your condition does not improve.

Hope that helps.

Hi Kyloe

Thanks for the advice. I think it is too late for me to apply for ESA now because I retire in about 8 weeks time so I'll carry on with my PIP application. Don't really know what else to do but hope for the best.

Thanks anyway, all the best

Sheffy

Good Morning  Sheffy,

I would enquire on these forums giving your age etc, they have many advisors who are up to date with current legislation.

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/?tried=1

Hiya Kyloe

Thanks for that link will try it and see what I can find out!

Sheffy x

Your welcome,  I'm sure you will get your answers from that website and they have documents for download with advice on how to fill in your PIP application if you go that route, though you do need to be a member and pay for membeship. I paid for the membership which gave me access to all the help and advice available. But I still advise that you get CAB to assist you with the form filling.

Good Luck big grin

hi

Within that link on the page there's a test your invited too take based on the work capability test, out of interest i took it, but held back on  and played down my own personal condition with the seriousness  on the way i answered. i have always been a 'i'll get on with it regardless' type up until now in life and work.

At the end of the test it gives you a idea based on the answers you give of which group you may be put in, I was put in the support group by the answer of one question, but all other answers over 4 pages i was put in the work group, even though the work group answers related too my illness, and the one support answer wasn't.

What i really learnt from it and other's experiences thus far is, don't play down your condition at all as they would soon put you into a grouping You don't deserve too be in, this could be why they get it so wrong all of the time.

Have a go at the test and see how you fair.

i think i scored a total of 135 points.

I just thought I'd wave the flag of e.s.a

and No I haven't heard anything myself yet of a assessment for e.s.a, my representative from D.i.a.l has called them the d.w.p twice, I am the only one on their books from a year ago who hasn't been assessed.

I could call on my Local M.P too intervene as other's have done, but too be honest I do not trust that M.p, they have done nothing for the local area, they are a empty vessel.

We are on this web page a group of random people of all ages and area's, if you picked this group of random people as a reflection of the system then it will surely show the System is Failing in either PIP or ESA.