Pip tribunal what happens next

Hi
I had my pip tribunal today after a years wait. All the horror stories that gave me sleepless nights were unfounded. Took ten minutes and couldn’t be nicer. DWP rep didn’t turn up. Anyway I was awarded enhanced for both having had lost both at my renewal assessment last June. To clarify I have never claimed DLA only pip. They told me I would receive back pay to the date of dwps decision following mandatory reconsideration in August. I informed them my condition had worsened in my renewal form so shouldn’t it be backdated to then? I am really confused.
Can someone clarify for me please

Hi @Jaqisi,

A warm welcome to the forum.

I’m sure it won’t be long until you hear from other members soon, however, I have passed your query onto our policy team so that we can offer you the best support on this and I’ll get back to you with their response. In the meantime, we have a lot of information on PIP assessments on our website which I’m sure you’ll find helpful and you can find it here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/personal-independence-payment.

Also, if you need to speak to someone urgently about this, you can speak to one of our advisers via our free and confidential helpline on 0808 800 0303 or email us at [email protected].

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager

Hi @Jaqisi,

I’ve spoken to our policy team and they’ve and to the best of our knowledge the award would be backdated to the date of the decision, rather than the date the you received or sent back the form.

There are exceptions to this, however, such as when the claimant initiates the review - in which case the award would be backdated to the day they contacted the DWP.

I hope this information is helpful.

Best wishes,
Reah