Positive mental attitude

Hi Dave,
I'm sure i've written a couple of posts recently about the excellent benefits of medication plus what you can do for yourself. Not yet 40 (not quite!) and had PD for nearly 7 years. Work f/t, enjoy a normal life. Have been very affected by it in last couple of years but now as i say with meds and motivation you can achieve brilliant results. Ignore anyone who tries to drag you down. A positive mental attitude WILL make a difference.
best wishes.
Hullo ...Davech just having a trawl through the site every
now and again..picked up on your entry
I noticed the number of replies you engendered is good lots of helpful
info etc..
I am five odd years post diagnosis I am 63 now and with hindsight
I had early onset which was not picked up on.. as anyone else
no doubt will tell you P.D. moves manifests itself in different ways

For me you live with it !! you do not suffer from it...it is not going to kill you.
a positive mental attitude is essential.keep active keep up some physical activity
( yoga swimming dancing taking the dog for long walks ) watch what you eat
( for me i have cut back on dairy produce and E.G. bread as i found it to disagree with my stomach )
Have you acces to a P.D.nurse...is your G.P. up to speed and understands the condition.??. have you been referred to or seen by a neurologist ?? who deals with P.D. as a specific interest...
also as bowel and bladder problems can be associated with the condition through your G.P .a chat with a continence nurse could be helpful in identifying any pre existing problems and what to aware of in the future

That is a summary of my experience thus far with P.D. I do yoga twice a week and swim lots..I am on minimal medication (it is hard sometimes) I keep aa positive mental attitude as does my family around me do not give in to P.D.

L.O.L. to all fellow travellers with P.D. Ian (M)