Qualifying for Medical Retirement

Hi there

well I'm at a loss, I've tried talking to pension guys and they would not even speak or inform of anything! How can I plan my future if I don't know anything? I've been through some real challenges trying to work with what work should, could n won't do! At work I'm feel that all the challenges have actually had an impact emotionally and physically. I'm exhausted worried and I feel my reputation and good work are being affected. I feel helpless, isolated and misunderstood. I'm driving my own solution plan but I find it hard, I have included rep, Occp, etc had a letter sent in from hospital to highlight impact of stress. Nothing changes, I asked to work an extra day to work from home, refused. My confidence is broken and I feel I have no where to turn. I want to work I am and still have a lot to bring to the business. Why do I wake up so early with it on my mind? I feel I have been emotionally and physically forced to say! I need to be moved from my post to help my health. How can a person become so broken through trying to work and do the right thing. I am baffled, confused very disappointed. 

:(

Hi !

Surely you can  get your GP to sign you off work due to stress ?   What does your contract say about sick pay.  My contract has a number of months at full pay and then half pay until a full year is up.

While off work for stress you can contact pensions who may be more receptive if you are not actually working.

The GP I find are relatively useful when it comes to writing a sick note.   Initially my sick note was short term but after about three visits saying my PD was preventing me working I was give a 3 month note.   I have met a number of medical early retirement people at P-UK  who have taken the stress route successfully

Take Care

westby