RaneaXL 4mg/ RequipXL 4mg tablets

Quite unexpectedly, my wife received some Ralnea4mg tablets instead of her usual Requip4mg, does anyone know if these two types of medication are compatible? As she also takes 8mg RequipXL. Best Wishes, Cowboy101

Hi Cowboy 101

The drugs information on this website list both ReQuip XL and Ralnea XL as ropinirole, a dopamine agonist.

There was also a previous thread on this forum about members' experiences with Ralnea XL. If you would like more detailed information about these drugs, you could try our confidential helpline at 0808 800 0303.

Ezinda

Every month My Wife has to `phone the chemist and ask them to deliver her tablets which,of course, she has to take every day. Frequently the tablets she asks for are missing or she is given an inappropriate dose. Does she have the right to have this medication automatically delivered without having to order each time?

Hi Cowboy101

I checked with our professionals' team. If you're wife is not being given sufficient tablets or the wrong doses then the chemist is not following the instructions on the prescription. Your GP can help you to sort this problem out. They may suggest another chemist.

Talk to your GP about what is going on and see if s/he can offer alternatives. If you're still having problems or want to talk to someone in more detail, give our confidential helpline a ring on 0808 800 0303.

I hope that helps,

Ezinda