Realisation

hi stevie

i was dx at 36 yrs & had aggressive parkinsons ,but i am alot better since i had dbs ,i think the biggest thing that helps is i lost alot of weight & became pretty heathy i also was a big drinker ,& plumbing heating  engineer i was 17.5 stone now 13.4 stone just cut the meals down went sauna,swim & steam felt alot better.anyway glad to hear you ,also the medication plays a big part don't be scared to ask Q

Just to say I have an MRI scan tomor morning to rule out any problems. Hoping it will be ok. nOt that worried but more concerned for the Datscan next week. I know they think I have Parkinsons but they don't yet have any proof. even though I say I am convinced they are so wrong, I must doubt myself a teeny bit otherwise why would I be on here sharing this?

Sue

hope it all goes well !

Thank you gus. Didn't enjoy the experience too much. Would have been nice if someone had spoken to me during the scan as felt rather claustrophobic!

think good thoughts whilst you are inside tube it can help xx

Thank you BB for that. good idea. next one shouldn't be so bad though. just lots of time hanging around.

Hi Stevie

I haven't been on the forum for quite sometime but I felt compelled to reply to you.

It's 15 years since I was dx .For a long time I was in denial , couldn't accept it .Where did it come from I asked myself .Nobody in my family had PD to my knowledge .Yet here I was with a right arm and thumb feeling like there was a current running through them .I told my GP i didn't believe I had it , his reply was , " That is because you don't want to believe it " .I was shocked at his harsh reply .But it was true I didn't want to .

With the med's nobody had any idea I had PD ,no tremor , speech was fine , though getting quieter , my gait was normal .I was reasonably happy with myself .

Then my self confidence took a nosedive .The tremors began full throttle  in my right leg , i couldn't control it ,it had , has , a life of it's own . Feels like a  dead weight  and wears me out .Taking the Med's has no effect .Along with all the other problems associated with this awful illness rapidly progressing .I feel so sad that my life is turned into a narrowing tunnel ,restricting and taking with it all that I love doing .The topping on the icing came recently when the DVLA asked for me to surrender my Driving Licence . My spirit is not broken completely yet though as I am appealing against this .

Some days are worse than others , today is obviously one of the  negative days for me to have written these depressing  word's .Tomorrow is another day .

I truly hope you are feeling better and knowing we are all together in this rocky boat helps . 

Hi Chrissie

I really am sorry how things are for you at the moment and I know how you feel as I'm going through a similar experience. 

I've been referred to the neurosurgeons for an appointment to consider if I am suitable for D.B.S and if they are agreeable, I intend to take this option as there is not much else they can offer to me.

All best wishes

Casie

casie

you wont  be sorry if you get the chance to have dbs ,I'm a change person good luck !

Hi Casey ,

Thank you for your kind words .It is wonderfully therapeutic coming onto the Forum , chatting with and finding other PWP having similar aches , pains and all other problems associated with PD .

Please keep us informed how the appointment with the neurosurgeon goes . I haven't  been offered D B S so far .I only see my MD , if I am lucky, once a year . My next appointment is 17th Dec .I only got this quite quick app a few days ago because I said I felt bad .As when my leg starts its dancing routine I break out in a terrible cold sweat were every part of me drips with sweat  . Does anybody else experience this ?

breaking out in a sweat is very common with pd ,as you are over doing it and using all of you dopamine up you need to take it easier or else your body will need more drugs to keep pd under control ! slow down a bit your ill remember good luck