Recently diagnosed with early onset

Hi, Misty47 --

Good to hear from you again and to see your wonderful avatar!  I'm sorry to hear, though, that you've been going through stressful times.  You probably need not worry about permanent damage from stress, however.  My case of PD was about 15 years along when my husband of more than 40 years was diagnosed with terminal cancer.  The following three-month period was the worst in my life, as you can imagine.  My symptoms were at their worst.  After his death, I gradually improved again, so that now (more than two years later) I am back to the level I had maintained before.  I do not know if this is typical; I can only offer it as my experience.

I hope you are beginning a better time now, and I wish you well.

J

Hi all

I was diagnosed with early onset aged 41 at the back end of last year. I've only just got round to registering on the forum so it will be good to catch up with people who have been through the same.

Working full time, with 2 young children is keeping me busy and occupied. The medication is helping and I'm doing plenty of sport and exercise including 11 aside football still. Lots of people have mentioned on this forum the importance of positive attitude, I have to agree with this, staying fit and positive has really helped me after the initial shock.

I live in Formby, Merseyside.

James

hello and welcome james

Hi all been diagnosed 8months now(age43) finding a lot of muscle pain all over due to see nurse in couple of weeks. Could it be I need different meds or is it something I gotta get used to?

Hi I experienced lots of pain initially but once on mirapexin and twice weekly physio using a Galileo machine I am pain free.  Exercise is important as is the right meds,  Good luck

Hello, I too have been recently diagnosed. I understand the feelings of isolation. I think I walked or rather shuffled slowly to be more accurate around for the last few months in a fog filled depression. I am 45 and this started about 5 years ago with a small tremor in my left hand. I was finally diagnosed in May although it was presumptive in January. I just started car/Lev meds - week 3. I'm less exhausted but not much progress in my walking. I'm scared. Angry. My leg is causing me a lot of pain. I really haven't come to terms with it myself. Hang in. Hold on. Breathe. You aren't alone.

Hello there
I hope life has improved for you since this writeup, I agree with some points and feel more can be done to open up the world of challenge, especially when it comes to I’ll health and conditions etc. The good thing is we’re talking more and with that will, hopefully come awareness. Kind regards