*Repeat Prescriptions

Hi!

Last night on TV they said there were currently 200,000 of us.

Do you think they've secretly imported an extra 80,000? :rolling_eyes:
whatever the figures it is very scary.
Hi Renaissance,

I have questioned the PDS on their numbers, and they maintain them to be correct.

Who has given these alternative numbers of PD sufferers? On what basis do they make their conclusion and who has done this research?

I am very much inclined to agree with you, that the PDS numbers are incorrect, but would like to read the evidence.

Sincerely, Cecily.
Hi Renaissance

quote The lady on the TV, by the way, was famous actress (and cake maker) Jane Asher, who would be an excellent figurehead for us, in much the same way that Joanna Lumley supported the Ghurkas' cause.

Jane Asher is already the president of the PDS and has been for a number of years. I think she does a great job!

janni
Thanks Janni, you live and learn!

Cecily, the 200,000 figure was given on Sky TV by Jane Asher.
Renaissance.

Please read paragraphs 2 and 3 of my post which is the second one on page 1 of this thread.

I could really do without worrying whether the prescription will be available later and IF the pharmacist can order it in for tomorrow before they close up until next Tuesday.

Right now, there are 8 members and 93 guests on the site just 2 days before Chrostmas.
The PDS has some very dedicated and hard working celebrities fighting for us - not only Jane Asher but her predecessor and now vice-president Richard Briers; also John Stapleton who made the excellent PDS appeal on BBC Radio 4 earlier this year. Sadly, their sterling efforts are often not considered newsworthy since our news media are only interested in the miracle cure discoveries which may or may not develop into a treatment for the fortunate few. On behalf of all PwPs, I would like to acknowledge these efforts and thank ALL the people who give their time freely to supporting and promoting our cause.

Peter.
Benji.

And your point is...?
Benji sorry that you are upset and angry.
I can see this argument from both sides so wont write a long essay on the whys and why nots but I think that insulting and upsetting each other is not the way to go. After all we all have choice and if people choose to sign or not is entirely up to them.

I work for the NHS and see the HUGE amount of drugs that are thrown away each day because people have them on repeat prescriptions and then dont use them. I also know that its a pain when you are taking so many meds to have to keep ordering them

Dejay
Truce? :grin:
So, how many people with PD throw away their drugs because they have repeat prescriptions? They NEED then daily, therefore no wastage.

Renaissance.

I didn't attack you personally,as you did my post, I attacked the general apathy on this site. You are fortunate to live in an area where the 28 day restriction is not enforced, or have a GP who is sympathetic. Not all of us are so fortunate.

If I had been in the enviable position of being able to have 3 month prescriptions for my OH, I would still have tried to undserstand the situation of others, who live in a less favourable PCT area of the country.

Happy Christmas.
dejay.

Please direct me to the post where I either 'insulted' or 'upset' anyone.

Au contraire, IMO.
[post removed]
hello everyone - since I was responsible for starting the 28 day repeat prescription petition I wanted to try and pour oil onto our troubled waters, so to speak. I was disappointed with the response but put it down to the fact that (a) everyone is able to exercise their democratic right to sign or not to sign and (b) perhaps, due to my lack of experience, I didnt keep the petition open for long enough. However, it was great to see the signatures mounting up and the experience was an interesting one - so please let's not fall out about it now - its finished. Of course, there's nothing to stop someone else from putting forward a similar petition onto the 10 downing street site :laughing:. A Happy & Hopeful Christmas to you all. Kind regards Sue xx
'Au contraire' means, on the contrary, as in, I did not insult or upset anyone, IMO.
[post removed]
[post removed]
HAPPY CHRISTMAS

I HATE CONFRONTATION AND ARGUEMENTS - WHAT DOES IT MATTER AT THE END OF THE DAY WE ARE ALL IN THE SAME BOAT -

BY THE WAY I GOT A STANDING OVATION OF MY RETDITION OF AVE MARIE

TULIP
Well done tulip, have you got a loud voice?

It looked as though you were shouting that last post!

People have every right to voice their opinions, especially when they feel so strongly about them. Stressing your concern about confrontation just detracts from the topic in hand.

What are your views on the original question? I signed the petition, did you? And as for being in the same boat, it doesnt look like we are! I have to get repeat prescriptions every 28 days and its so unneccesary. If some are lucky enough to have a sympathetic doctor that overlooks the guidelines then why are they not been supportive to those of us who dont?

Someone mentioned how much wastage there was in the hospitals. Whats that got to do with this petition?
If the NHS figures reveal massive wastage then surely, thats down to their incompetence and lack of communication between our health care teams!

janni
Well said Janni.

Seems it's a case of,I'm all right Jack so stuff the rest of you, along with the turkey.

Shame the petition didn't attract as smuch attention as this thread.