Requip xl - nothing happening

It may well be that requip isn't for him - I started on mirapexin and it just made me feel really ill.  I tolerate requip quite we'll and hate to tempt fate, but have just started to see flashes of benefits ie walking better, typing better - they not lasting all day but it is, hopefully a start and I have been on 10 mg for quite a while now- your oh is young to start on sinemet as it brings it's own problems after long term use.  Don't give up - you and your oh will get there - it's just a question of finding out what works for him. Good luck

Thanks moonandstars I can understand that they don't want to put him straight on sinemet could they not put him on something to help the requip doesn't eliviate any of his symptoms at all still got tremor limps when walks being taking it for 5 months now just had pain and discomfort with it . It's being a long few months just want him to be ok x 

I feel for you I really do - he is lucky to have such a loving caring wife  - all I can say is that he will find something that suits him - it is unfortunately trial and error as I am finding out - use this website to gain as much knowledge as you can - knowledge is power as they say - once you find something that suits you will be able to breathe easier. - good luck

Hi jo h

just thought I'd look in to see how your other half is doing - better I hope.  I finally seem to be seeing some better walking after nearly six months of titrating up to 10mg -  down side seems to be overwhelming tiredness and tight muscles, particularly forearms and neck and shoulders .

hope things are improving for you guys

Parkinsons nurse is ringing back on Wednesday he's taking 6 mg of requip reduced from 12mg but at moment still getting joint pain and cramps in his arm it's the pain in his elbow wondering if they will put him on sinemet or will they reduce his requip again I will let you know on Wednesday they have upped his citalapram to 30 mg so hopefully he will be back at work soon as we need the money thanks for your concern Jo x

Jo h have you thought of claiming PPP - might be worth it as it takes SIX months at least to get an assessment but if you are worried about money it is one thing your oh should be entitled to.  I have also claimed despite the fact that I work full time, as the pure cost of this blooming disease has made it a necessity - had to change my car to an automatic , the cost of the prescriptions, travelling to the numerous appointments and so on - one tip -get help filling it out and keep a copy - it's like war and peace though

Parkinson nurse rang back today oh has to reduce requip xl to 4 mg for a week then to 2 mg then he can stop taking it . She has listened to our issues about requip and put him on sinemet 62.5 mg 3 times daily lets hope he's ok with this I've read so much about the side effects of this medication can any body give us any hints and tips about taking  does it help ?  Can anyone give us there views please xx

Will be interested to see how it goes - have heard good things - good luck

Thanks moon and stars were just going to take one day at a time lets hope x