Requip XL

To my surprise & delight the duty Dr actually visited yesterday evening.He prescribed Donperidone & advised that I reduce the repinerole dosage. He also told me how to make a rehydration drink.(big glass water,splash juice, teaspoon sugar & pinch salt.. Apparently I am prteey dehydrated due to shaking/being sick & hot weather
I am only taking 4 mg Requip XL once a day. I think i would feel better without them i don't shake until i take one then i still don't shake but i feel shaky. I'm thinking about asking the nurse if i can come off them to see what happens. I feel i would be better having nothing and going to a gym
Hi I was taking 8mg, 2x 4mg, of Requip ( Ropinerole) a day and felt terribly sick all the time, i was advised to take the domperidone 30 mins before the ropinerole and that worked a treat. My Neuro then switched me to XL starting on 8mg and gradually increased it to 12mg. I have been on 12mg since last Nov and its just great! No sickness and my symptons are mostly under control. Persevere with the XL and ask about taking Amytriptyline. My Doc suggested it when i told him how badly i was sleeping. Its a mild anti depressant but is very good for sleep disorder.I have found it very beneficial and usually get a reaonable nights sleep.
Don't stop taking the meds though - you will feel a lot worse!!:grin:
hi john e i take requip xl 24mg just started low dose of madopar 62.5mg x3 daily and amantadine 100mg x 2 daily take xl in morn and amantadine morn then madopar thro the day and i cant sleep thro the night for more than a couple of hours i have found that every person has different symptom's its very strange no 2 people have the same symptoms keep thinking positive :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Hi all

Ive just started taking requip xl this morning. Ive been told to take 2mg every morning but reading all your posts am i taking enough and will only 2 mgg do the job or should i take more
Hi BigM I think that you will find that your neuro has started you on a small dose and will increase the dose very gradually. The meds prescribed for pd are very potent and can have some very strange effects on people.So I guess thats why you have been given the low does to start.
Glenchass
Dear Big M
it is VERY dangerous to have sudden increases in requip which is why it is always titrated at 2mg intervals usually over several weeks at least. i found that after every 2mg there is at least a week of 'getting used to it' before i start to feel ok.

on the slightly different topic of when to take it, i am now taking 3 equal size doses one at 7 one at 2pm and one at 9pm. i find that this evens out the side effects, particularly sleepiness. it also means i havent quite gone to ground zero first thing in the morning and i think there is less muscle cramping through the night so i am less stiff during the day.

i am NOT recommending this regime for anyone else, particularly without discussing it with their neuro, but for the first time (touch wood) i actually feel something close to 'normal'. i just hope it lasts!
My consultant started me on 2mg of Requip XL, increasing to 4mg after a month. I have felt no good effects on the contrary a big increase in stiffness that I take ibuferon to ease.

Is this normal? Should I be asking for a big increase in dose?

Shakes not too bad, constipation controlled by a senna tablet at night, sleep well. It is just the wretched stiffness that makes me almost imobile.