At the beginning of each month we send a roundup of all the latest research developments, events, opportunities and other news to our Research Support Network. We thought it might also be of interest to our forum members so here’s our roundup for September.
- Age should not be a barrier to surgery for Parkinson's - http://bit.ly/1rDuEh5
- Parkinson's dementia - it's in the genes - http://bit.ly/1rclZhu
- New steps towards a vaccine treatment for Parkinson's - http://bit.ly/1u5NNZX
- Bulgarian yoghurt - a cure for Parkinson's? - http://bit.ly/1lEnGrw
- Have you joined our brain donor register? We’d love to hear from you!
We’d like to include a personal story on our website from an individual who has joined the register. This might include why you signed up and what it means to you. If you’d like to share your experience with us, please email us at [email protected]
- Last chance to complete the Cure Parkinson’s Trust survey
This survey is investigating why people with Parkinson’s and their caregivers DO NOT participate in clinical trials. The results will be presented at the Grand Challenges in Parkinson’s/Rallying to the Challenge meeting at Grand Rapids, Michigan at the end of September.
Fill in the survey here - http://svy.mk/1vW5g9k
Other research highlights
- Could wearable devices help us live longer, healthier lives? BBC Radio 4 investigates. Find out more http://bbc.in/1pG55ed
- Fox Foundation is attempting to use wearable sensors to monitor the symptoms of Parkinson's disease - http://bbc.in/1AdC8bw
- Scientists at the University of Luxembourg have successful implanted brain cells made from skin cells into mice - http://bit.ly/1qsTGPM
Not a member of our Research Support Network? Join us!
Keep up to date with all the latest research news, events and opportunities to take part and help shape research. Sign up here – http://bit.ly/rsnsignupforum
The Research Team