Scared

My husband is two years post diagnosis. Last night he was the worst he has ever been. I have had to take a day off work today because I didn’t want to leave the children at home with him before school. He had a fit of rage last night. He cried, fell over and ranted for almost two hours. Then this morning he smashed his phone against a wall and continued with his outburst. I have tried to call my GP but within 15 mins of opening they had no appointments left. His PD nurses are going straight to voicemail and the Parkinsons forum helpline is also ringing engaged. I don’t know where to turn for help. He is 46 and I am 40. I have three children and fear for their and my sanity. I don’t know where else to turn. I feel he needs an assessment for dementia. It’s like living with a split personality and I can’t go on like this.

Hi Momyali, :wave:t4:

I’m so sorry to hear about your husbands condition; given the information that you’ve shared it’s completely understandable why you’re feeling distressed. Please know that you are not alone and we are here to support you both.

I am also sorry to hear that you were unsuccessful with getting through to our helpline service, I want to put you in contact with an adviser asap and I’ll be sending you a private message with more information on this. Please respond to the message as soon as you can so that we can assist you further with this. :blue_heart:

Best wishes,
Reah

@Reah
Hi Reah, I have managed to get through to an advisor and have subsequently spoken with a fantastic nurse. I don’t feel as alone anymore. Many thanks for all the good work you all do.

1 Like

Hi @Momyali, :wave:t6:

I’m so happy to hear this. Please continue to keep us posted and feel free to use the forum as frequently as you wish.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hello Momyali
Have just picked up on your post and was glad to hear Reah has helped and you have now spoken to someone and are feeling a little better. I just wanted to let you know that we do understand it is no easy thing to live with Parkinson’s whether you have it or assist someone who does and to repeat what Reah has said, you need not feel alone here on the forum. We can’t physically help but we will do all we can to support you with whatever you need, if nothing else we can be a listening ear and offer the opportunity to release the pressure valve somewhere safe where you’ll not be judged.
Please do use us if you need.
Take care and I send a virtual hug along with my best wishes.
Tot

1 Like

@Tot
Thank you

Hello Mommyali
How very stressful for you all - just want to reach out and say hello. I see that you have made contact with a nurse and hope they were able to offer support or where to go for support. Also can you send your Gp practice an email or even drop a note through their door informing them of the situation.
You don’t say how old your children are but it maybe worth mentioning to their school teachers of the problems as their teachers should look out for them. Hopefully if you’ve taken the day off work maybe you can have a calmer day yourself too :crossed_fingers:. Your local area may also have a Crisis mental Health team accessible by phone.
All the very best, please seek support too from any family and friends around you, you have a lot on your shoulders. Best Wishes Jane

1 Like

@Plus1 Thank you. Yes I will be mentioning it to my youngest’s school. The older two are in college. Thank you for suggesting the crisis team. That’s very helpful