Seeing things

Hi mar333,
I too am on 10 ml senigline as well as old faithful ropinirole, I jump out of my skin at the ;east little noise and when I am in a car as a front seat passenger I have to either read a book or use my nintendo ds as I start to panic, it's driving my husband insane.
Spoke to consultant said I was dwelling on my illness and that it had nothing to do with Parkinsons and could well be down to stress.
Also I wear glasses and thought that they were maybe filmed over and that it was affecting my eyesight, when I look at my carpets I feel as if there is something moving in them, thought I was the only person like that. I am going to work in another hour have been up since 4 o,clock this sight has been very helpful, enjoy the chitchat between some of the regulars, could some one please give an odd ok or reply, Hope I,m not too boring. I am quite a cheery wee soul really.
Marymo:flushed:
Hi again marymo

Your symptoms i.e. seeing things are the same as mine and a good few others. Has got to be the drugs. We take them and we know the reactions. In most cases the consultants are wrong in assuming there are other reasons for the 'nasties'

Have a good day
apothiki
Hello Marymo !

You are not alone , glad you find this forum so useful !

Mark.
Hi Apothiki and mark,
Nice to hear from you again Apothiki, how's the weather in one of my favourite places? Thanks for the feedback guys it's amazing what you can learn from this sight and don't feel so stupid. Usually I can work off the effects of the drugs but today has been one of my worst for a while I am exhausted,off balance, and have terrible sores in my eyes,so much so that I got sent home from work at lunchtime, starting to feel slightly better, will have to take things a bit easier. Starting to feel sorry for myself will have to put on a good movie or listen to some music. Take care guys
Marymo:wink:
Evening marymo

Sounds as though you've had a pig of a day but hopefully things will be better tomorrow. You've got the idea - relax to some music. My head's been in the clouds today and walking in a straight line has been a challenge. Nursing two cracked ribs so sleeping on either side is a 'no no' and intermittent on my back! Spent most of last night writing letters and e-mailing.

Unusually warm for the time of the year here and no rain for three weeks. Blue skies and sunshine is definately a tonic.

Nearly ready to start on Ropinerole XL and C0-something or other! Hopefully some of the side effects will be reduced at least. Had to laugh last night when I was on the keyboard.I'd had a fair selection of crawlies and spinning lights but then I noticed a large lizard on the wall beside me. It looked real enough so I covered it with a vase and yes it was still there when I next awoke waiting to be set free. My new PD side effect motto is "If you can catch'em they're real".

Trust you've unwound a little with some music or a film and ready for what we all need - a good nights sleep.

Wish you well.

apothiki
Hi Apothiki,

Had a good night's sleep and felt better this morning decided to cut out 2mg of r/role and have,not felt as bad though a bit more shaky and off balance but not just as tired, will see how I get on. I haven't had any visions of crawlies but I went to the cinema last week and felt as though there was some shadows coming out of the speakers, I haven,t told anyone as they will think I am mad.
Glad to have the sunshine to brighten up your day. Let me know how you get on with your medication.
Goodnight marymo
(Brand new to these forums -have discovered them as my husband's PD is getting worse and I'm appreciating the wealth of experience people contribute here.) Posting because I saw apothiki's earlier description of "seeing" his mother, a couple of days after her funeral. Phenomena like this are not so uncommon even in the absence of PD, when someone has just lost such an important figure in their life - so the cause may not be PD or the drugs, but just being human. I guess either PD or drugs or both might make it more likely, though.
Good evening potplant

Welcome to the forum. I am reasonably new myself but I am already amazed at the wealth of information available from members whether they are carers or fellow sufferers from PD. We suffer together and we talk together - perhaps of things we wouldn't mention to our own families or doctors about and it gives us all a lift I'm sure.

Your views on the image of my mother are interesting and I would add that this is the only recognisable figure I have seen. The images I see are mainly of soldiers in armour, sometimes moving but a second glance tells me it's my dressing gown or whatever hanging on the bedroom door. Moving the articles to a chair will then result in an image of a dog or cat. I laugh it off but I believe the latest increase in my drug (Ropinerole)doseage is to blame. According to my Neuro' the XL version of the drug should "suit me better". It was prescribed so we shall see.

Regards

apothiki
Hello everyone,

My husband Pat has what he calls his 'visitors'. This has gone on since he went on the Rotigotine Patches. Our consultant says that it is a side effect of the medication.

It does not bother him and they never speak. He blinks and they are gone. Sometimes he says that it is only a shadow in the corner of his eye. It usually is when he wakes up from dozing.

Hope this is helpful.

Kind regards,

Panda.
My medication is only Madopar now; however I often see things that aren't there, usually imagining I saw something like a spider flitting across the floor. Mostly, I am seeing nothing, though sometimes I am misinterpreting one thing as something else. A friend's late father, who had PD, used to see spiders with headlamps! When that happens, I'll be a nervous wreck!

Peter.
Hi Peter, I've been on madopar since i was 21 ...i'm 41 now..i dont see spiders but i do startle easily.

NB my startle was much much worse when i had an apomorphine pump..so much so i had to have a cup with a lid so i didnt spill anything

ps i take about about 12 madopar 62.5 mg a day but it can vary
Hi Everyone, I too get hallucinations of the "what is that there, Oh! it's just a corner of the eye thing", usually cats which is understandable as I have four real one's.

What was really scary was what happened when I was put on Trihexyphenidyl,I would see figures of animals, people and shadows. Not only did I get visual hallucinations, but also tactile, auditory and smell hallucinations(can't spell Olfactory), and these went on for a two and a half months, why so long you ask. Well mainly because I realised the hallucinations for what they were, and the drug did wonders for my PD, no shaking, no slowness, no stiffness it was like I had not got PD at all, GREAT.

The thing is when I visited my Neurologist, my wife told him what was happening, and he immediately took me off them, and although I was pretty pee'd off at first, I had to admit it was for the best. I had a change of heart because my wife said, if you continue the drug it could cause me other problems mentally. I have to admit it was a bit of a mind bender, as I would look at a table top, and to me it was rippling like small waves, here's the rub though. If I were to touch the surface of the table, I could actually feel it rippling, weird was not in it, but I knew what was happening so was not alarmed.

Then there was the figures, each of them had a room in my house, I would see them pretty much all the time, day or night made no difference. Only once did it upset me, it was a night when I woke to see a large figure of a man, stood in the bedroom door way. Never let out such a girlie scream before, or since, and my wife never came to from a sleep so quickly.

Like I said for me it was the one off time I had really bad hallucinations, I get mild ones now, like the corner of the eye thing. I also get the who's behind me, Oh! no one it is my imagination again. One funny thing that happened to me while I was still working, and was before I had tactile hallucinations, but was having the peripheral vision problems. Well I was busy working when a figure came alongside of me, I ignored it and carried on working, but it was still there, and it started to say something, but being hard of hearing could not discern what it was saying. Well it touched me and I must have jumped 40 feet in the air, it was then I realised it was a work colleague, good job we both have a sense of humour, as once I had settled we both laughed.
Any how that is my experience of hallucinations and PD, so I hope someone some where will take heart and think,"I am not the only one", and find some usefulness on what we have divulged on this thread.

Phil aka Boswanga:smile: