Self-Management Programme

Thats good Eileenpatricia, sometimes I feel a little apprehensive going to places on my own.

Bethankit, I live in Leicestershire,  do you know of it? 

We had my daughters hen weekend in Edinburgh, going back 10 years ago, had a brilliant long weekend!

Sheffy

Hi Jackson - the course I attended was on four consecutive Mondays, just two hours each time, so, if you do work (I don't work Mondays so was fortunate in that respect), it's not too much time out of a working day.  However, they are all different I believe.

My husband attended the first session with me, but, after that, I wanted to be on my own because I felt there was then greater interaction with other people in the same boat as me.  However, everybody is different and some were on their own and some with their partners.

I hope you find something in your area - I wonder if your GP or PD consultant can help?

Best wishes

Good morning Sheffy

Not really familiar with that area of England, I have relatives in Essex,  Peterborough and Ely

Edinburgh is a grand place for a hen weekend.  

Take care 

Bethankit

Hi, 

Thank you for the information and advice, it's really useful to know what experiences others have had. The courses sound good and I'll look out for any that are planned in the area. Work would be an issue but I can always ask; though you may well know how easy it is to back yourself into a corner over the whole work issue - - - I work so hard to prove that I can still do my job, and won't be taking lots of time off, that I make it difficult for myself to ask for time off. Talk about over complicating things! Anyway, I'll at least do some more research.

Thanks again, J 

Elgin October  2015