Shaving

Hi, I am 74 years old and have had PD since 2009. I am having trouble shaving, my electric rotary shaver doesn’t give me a good shave so I have gone back to a wet shave. Now, I can’t seem to get a decent shave, dry or wet and tend to use both. Does anyone else have similar problems.

Hi,
I am 85 and had similar problems when shaving. I decided to grow a stubble beard which I clip every week. No more daily shaving and I now wonder why I didn’t do so years ago.

Hi Gerrard, thanks for replying. I don’t think that would work for me, as I’ve tried that and much prefer to have a shave. The stubble felt very uncomfortable.

JR my husband is also 74 and was diagnosed in 2010 he also has difficulty shaving, I’ve bought him every kind of razor on the market , they all appear good to start with then after a few days the tell tale signs of white hair appear at his neck and chin. A few months ago we were going to a wedding reception and we took him to a Turkish barber , they made a great job which lasted a few days, it was pricey so not something that could be done often but maybe for a special occasion.
Would you maybe consider asking a barber to come to your home , that is what I intend doing soon.

Hi Gallai, thank you for your reply.
I have tried lots of shavers, like you have. I find a wet shave first then a wet electric shave seems to be the best option. The only thing is that it does take a long time.

I can recommend Finishing Touch Flawless Body Source: 10 Best Pubic Hair Trimmers (Fall 2022) – Reviews & Buying Guide. I’ve owned it for a year. Great razor, I was tired of having mishaps with store bought razors. Buy blades so you have them. Great instructions, charger works perfect.