Shoes

I've just bought some sketchers tone ups.My feet think they've died and gone to heaven.:laughing:
Hi Angel4u,

I was wondering about Skechers shoes......they give you comfort? My feet have been cramping for a few weeks now, and aren't too bad, but I was wondering what I would do for shoes if this gets worse. (I assume it will at some point.) I've been reading how some shoes suggested don't work,and others are really expensive, so perhaps this will work for some of the rest of the folks in PD land...?

hope you have a good day.....!:wink::flushed:
Oh girlies! I wish I'd joined this forum years ago! It is so good to know that other women are experiencing the same body issues - weight gain, oedema, balance problems... but still retain your sense of humour. Shoes are so important for practicality and for self-esteem. Did try MBTs but husband had to rescue me from middle of shop floor as they played havoc with my balance. have dozens of lovely flat shoes but can't get fat feet into them at moment. Any suggestions? Seeing consultant on Tuesday. Please keep up the banter, it's making me laugh out loud! Thank you all.
Phoenixa
Received my Clarks pumps & was pleased. They looked good & more by luck than judgement matched my new M&S cropped cargo trousers. A little bit wide (the shoes) but I felt good. Ventured out to the local newsagent at about 7am before the chaos of the primary school opposite my house. Then splat - face down on my front path! Luckily a perfectly nice lady was passing on her way to the train station and she shouted encouragement so I was able to crawl back indoors. I think that I will give up on shoes
Have the lasies looked at Paver shoes . They are very comfortable and soft . I think it is important to have shoes with heels although lower ones ,
I have had the toe curling,then the pain in midfoot, cramps, etc, seen a podiatrist,tried a splint, tried different footwear (could not wear any heels for a while), but find that for me the only effective cure is PD medication, in my case Sinemet. When the pills work, the pains go... and I can step out again.
Has anyone tried Thinkshoes, Austrian I believe.
Expensive but very well made and supportive with a very low heel. Available on line and in some shoe shops. Despite dystonia and toe clawing I can walk well in them.

best wishes
Samdog

My patients have found the Velcro straps to be very easy to use and adjust, especially those with arthritis in their hands. I have appreciated the constant updating to the products with new offerings and improvements to the line every season and look forward to continuing to offer the shoes to my patients for many years.I have been offering patients Orthofeet shoes for 6+ years and my patients, both diabetics and non-diabetic, have found them to be comfortable and stylish.

I am very heavy, my feet are sensitive, Plantar fasciitis, Achilles Tendonitis, Arthritis. Nothing I have purchased before including at the Podiatrist office has been this durable and this comfortable. I know I will buy more in the future as they wear out. If you are thinking about it, don’t, your feet will thank you, I know mine have by being painless. orthofeet is very comfortable.