Shortage of sinemet plus

Sinemet shortage? Now where have we heard that before? On here about a year or so ago was it?

Somebody somewhere is not doing their job properly!

I recall PUK got hold of the manufacturers last time. Time for another phone call perhaps?

Tractorman.
i live in the midlands near leicester and my chemist has run out and waiting supplies
Here we go again!
Why is it so hard for the pharmaceutical manufacturers, suppliers, dispensers to understand that a pwp can't suddenly do without their medication. Would it be so difficult for them to give some advanced warning of potential shortages so that alternative arrangements could be made instead of us having to run around like headless chickens when supplies suddenly disappear.
The last time this happened I was put onto Madopar which didn't work as well as Sinemet and definitely had a detrimental effect on my condition.
I'm furious this has happened again so soon after the last time.

Yours

Angry of Cheshire (mrtoad)
I've got two days of Sinemet plus tabs left. Pharmacist has been waiting over a week for them. Looks like a bottle of firewater whiskey with additional Madopars mixed in will have to suffice until the tabs hit the shelf! :fearful::rolling_eyes:

yeah man.....psychedelia rules dude!!!!:fearful:
Hi everyone,

We're sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing problems getting hold of Sinemet. We contacted the manufacturer again today with a link to this thread and they agreed to check with their supply team. That team confirmed that they are processing Sinemet orders and they are aware of no problem with supply.

If you are still having problems accessing Sinemet, ask your pharmacist to call MSD customer services direct on 01992 452094.

You can also find further information about recent changes to the appearance of Sinemet: http://bit.ly/PaRVRz

Emily
Hi everyone. I live in Kent and I have been waiting a week for my Sinamet Plus and was told by the pharmacy this moning that they still have not had a delivery. This sort of thing always worries me at the moment I still have some left as I always put my prescription in in good time, but when they have all gone I shall really panic.

Regards
:frowning:
My chemist reports a shortage again.
.... but wahay... i got my med faster than usual... go figure!