Side effects

Thanks for replying.Peejay are our initials.At the moment my husband just has a tremor in his right hand which has affected his handwriting.He can still do his keyboard work.He is embarrassed by it.He is reluctant to start on the Azilect tablets.By the end of the day he is very exhausted and depressed.He is not ready to look on this forum himself yet.Thanks for your advice.Jay
Hello Jay,
This is hard for you, to be on the sidelines, supporting your husband , who , understandably, is not thrilled about medication. Those of us who have felt similar, do sympathise. Once you find the right drug regime, it makes such a world of difference . Because we're , and still are, feeling so much better , we want to spread the good news!
Anyway, I just wanted to support you in your period of waiting, because you are doing a very hard thing. Keep posting, and best wishes.
Hi Peejay.

I take Stalevo every 2 hrs during the day. It's a single pill which contains both Sinemet and Entacapone. Works for me.

Also straight Sinemet CR at night, and Gabapentin every 8 hours for the RLS.

I also tried Azilect alongside that lot for about a year, but it seemed to be having no effect, so we stopped that one.

Ray.
Hi ray,
when i was first dx i were put on zelopar dissolves one in morning tablet ,helped my tremor to a certain level then stopped,not enough so tried rasligine but after 3 days took myself of it ,i was manic,could not settle my husband said it change my behaviour.:frowning:
now on selegiline and so far no problems with mirapexin,mind you only on very lose dosage.feeling my pd symptoms a lot more at the moment probably because ive got flu and chest infection,rough weekend so far!!!!:disappointed:

take care

janine
Hi Again.

They started me on Cabergoline, a dopamine agonist, which was disastrous. You may have seen my other posts about compulsive behaviour, etc. Cabergoline has now been withdrawn.

Rasagiline gave me hallucinations: dinosaurs, pterodactyls, insect swarms, long-departed relatives, everything!

Every single patient needs their own unique combination of medications, and it's just a matter of trial and error. This sometimes takes years.

Take care.

Ray.
My husband has decided to start his Azilect tablets today.Will let you know.Thanks everyone
Good luck!
Hi Ali j
I've been on mirapexin for 9 months and I'm now on 2.62 mg a day..I drop to sleep in the daytime.ive stopped driving to Skegness,I was talking to wife and just drop ff off to steep.i don't sleep much at night in fact I was up all night last night agai getting regular now.side effects of mirapexin every time I stepped up to the next level I was dizzfy and tired.im now in that state most of the time.but I've got most symptoms anyway.ive just read that some had got a heart mummer with mirapexin.ive been having the same feeling.i think it's time fords

John

P.s. I'm also getting litt jumps which is why I don't want to go out
Hi Ali j
I've been on mirapexin for 9 months and I'm now on 2.62 mg a day..I drop to sleep in the daytime.ive stopped driving to Skegness,I was talking to wife and just drop ff off to steep.i don't sleep much at night in fact I was up all night last night agai getting regular now.side effects of mirapexin every time I stepped up to the next level I was dizzfy and tired.im now in that state most of the time.but I've got most symptoms anyway.ive just read that some had got a heart mummer with mirapexin.ive been having the same feeling.i think it's time fords

John

P.s. I'm also getting litt jumps which is why I don't want to go out
Mirapexin was the first drug i tried. I thought I was dying. I have never felt so ill in my life, stuck it out for 6 months then was switched to Requip X

The biggest difference was when I started the Azilect and then Amitriptyline (muscle relaxant) Sometimes I feel almost normal!!

Caroline
In the interest of balance, I have to say that Mirapexin has been a lifesaver for me. Now, combined with Madopar, I am virtually symptom-free ... for now, of course.

When I voiced my concerns about the future to my neuro recently, she said: "If you worry about the future, the future will become the present".