Sleep problems

my husband takes Amitriptyline along with Sinemet CR and a rotigotine pact . it helps the sleep he does have hallucinations but had them before he took the Amitriptyline
Hello to those PwP who suffer with sleeping problems. In todays Daily Mail is an article on the dangers of using sleeping tablets to get a good nights rest. As one who has tried several different tablets and cognitive behavioural therapy to get an adequate and consistent nights rest I have finally resorted to a 3.75mg Zopiclone tablet which gives me 4.5hours of sleep every night. Even this small amount of sleep allows me to function adequately the next day. I do not like taking sleeping tablets, but equally I like even less going whole nights without sleep which without doubt causes it own risks to health. As well as taking Zopiclone I have tried Amitriptyline in 30mg doses with reasonable success, but I dislike taking the same medication for months on end in case they become ineffectual.
My questions are these :what sleep medications do other PwP take and at what dosage to obtain an adequate nights sleep? Did they find their sleeping tablet lost its effectiveness after long term use or developed side effects?
Thank you.

I am new to the forum. After reading all these posts on sleep disturbance  I can see that my husband is not alone. He has an added problem that makes life grim for him which is an unexplained throbbing pain in his right side. Nothing has been found that could account for it. We wonder if it could be the medication he is on now.

Sinemet CR &Rotigotine