Something to watch this evening

Just watched it and feel quite depressed at what I have to look forward to. Luckily she has a supportive partner and no young kids to look after.

Trixiedee
I agree with what you said trixiedee I can`t stop thinking about her. I`m in the early stages of pd dx for 2 1/2 years. Although i do know that i will deteriorate over the years i was quite ignorant as to how Parkinson`s affects people in so many different ways. My consultant has always told me NOT to look too much into the illness because it can be counter-productive as up until now I`ve been really positive. But since the documentary it`s playing on my mind -I`m finding i`m making myself do things just to prove i still can - i know it sounds strange but i spent all day baking just to prove i can still do it! i even attempted the ironing,and today i cut the grass!!

I know how lucky i am still able to lead a next to normal life (although i do have some really bad days) and I`m absolutely knackered with stiff shaky arms but I feel i have achieved something!

I think it`s because this tv program is probably the first time i have seen Parkinson's shown in its entirety warts & all!

Today was a good day, who knows what tomorrow will bing?

Big C
:rolling_eyes:
Not everyone progresses at the same rate and not everyone goes all over the place playing the saxaphone, I dont have pd but if I tried to live her life I would be very very tired, have really loud tinnitus and migraines and shaky legs . She was trying to time all her meds so she could go on stage to perform , she had not opportunity to just relax . sunray
The music she writes and the Sax she plays,(so brilliantly) are her life.
She continues to do what she does because even though she is living with Parkinson's she still wants to get on with her music and perform on stage to an audience. She showed great determination and courage.
I was in awe of this lady, she had a great attitude not only regarding her PD but life in general.

PB
x