The difference between won and one:
Great Britain have just won gold. Australia have just one gold.
So Jessica Ennis would say' one has won '
Thinking about it, no athlete would say two is too many
The mail was delivered by a male Postie
There was a rather plain stewardess on the plane
Oh dear I saw a deer on the road
I write with my right hand
She fills out her jeans it must be her genes
Can you think of any???
Wait while I find out his weight.
There is no way he can weigh that much.
They're there with their partners.
I knew there was a new release out.
1. After taking a shot with his bow, the archer took a bow.
2. I had to console my mom after I sold her console.
3. No one could believe how much produce our garden could produce.
4. There’s no dessert in the desert for those who desert.
5. The family was hoping their live plants would live.
6. There’s simply no use for something you can’t use.
7. They were going to project the project at the local theater.
8. It’s not easy to resume work without a resume.
9. The band booked the studio to record their record.
10. Everyone knows it’s not lady-like to intimate with intimate apparel.
11. The salesman was standing so close it was impossible to close the door.
12. The rebel seized the opportunity to rebel.
13. The artist worked for hours to perfect the nearly perfect work.
14. The sport agent’s resigning affected the star’s resigning.
15. The incense incensed the customers.
Mike, are you American? (theater?)
Some of your examples are of course the same spelling, but are pronounced differently. That 's another avenue... Here's what I thimk of spelling-
Spelling is important, Mike
With that I must agree.
In public places and the like,
Mistakes I hate to see.
If you want to print it bold
For all the world's eyes
And advertise a medal gold,
To spell check first is wise.
Communication between friends
Is quite another thing.
How a word begins and ends
Yields place to understanding.
Let no-one now stop writing
Because unable to spell,
But just keep on typing
Your opinions and stories to tell.
PS. Could not think of any more examples. Sorry.
No, I'm proud to be Welsh, but I have spent quite some time in the US and sometimes it shows 'I guess' and I do watch American tv shows ?
I think that you have done really well, especially as your not well?
Well, looking at my watch, I'd better go now or no tea for me !