Starting sinemet

Hi Shelly.

No problem  -  apology accepted. Humour / sarcasm doesn't always come across properly in writing, I realise that. I find that using exclamation marks usually helps!!!  (Although some might say that I use them too much)

So....each to their own, I guess (!!!)

Kathy  smile

hi kathy,

na no one comes to access you,i have donated my brain years ago.its just like a organ donor card.i am number 4137. they just use your brain for research when your gone.they want people with parkinsons and without too, and et s joke

I had a dat scan,before my dbs surgery,they have got to be the worse scan going,so time comsuming,not nice!

Hi Gus.

Thanks for that.  I've just been looking at the info about it on this site via the link that Shelly gave me.....brain donation seems like a worthwhile thing to do!  So I've printed off the forms. I just need to ask my son to sign the next of kin form when he comes home from uni for Xmas this weekend.

I think maybe the person who told me all that stuff about them coming to assess you etc, may have been winding me up!!

Kathy  smile

UP AGAIN LATE  NIGHT OWL  !  KATHY

I have been taking senemet for 6 weeks wich doesn't seem to have any effect I'm still getting tremors and stiffness . How long does it take for it to work ?? X

what  dosage you on !

do you know your profile pic is up side down. makes your eyes go funny

well i have finally given up on the Sinemet , i think i have had every anti sickness drug going , domperidone 10mg 3 times daily then i went to 20 mg 3 x times a daily then cyclizine then ondansatron all to no avail , finally got to speak with my pd nurse last week who has changed my drugs to Madopar , heres hoping eye roll

That certainly sounds like a good decision to me, Shelly.  You did your part in trying all the remedies.  Your body just doesn't want that med!  Good luck with Madopar -- hope it works without requiring a secondary drug.

yeh good luck ! shelly65

Thanks Jof Grey and Gus , two months of nausea and vomiting  no fun at all  fingers crossed everything will be ok with the Madopar i am only on 62.5mg at minute im hoping the trouble does not start when i increase them  my mother started sinemet and increased her dose every two weeks  think i need to do that slowly slowly

Could anyone let me know if Sinemet has caused any of you on it confusion? My husband is on it the lower dose and he is very forgetful and now confused since taking Sinemet. He is at Stage 1 diagnosed six months ago.
Jen