Still working fulltime

Again I say (if you're in the UK) there are employment laws. For almost everyone, there is now no fixed retirement age. And being thrown out of your job because you're disabled is a no-no too.

Of course, I understand the difference between the law and reality. But . . ..

S

Hi,

These days if you are on a fixed contract and it runs out the employer is not obliged to keep you on. You go the way like any other person where a contract expires. But it is a fact that when you have an issue whether its parkinsons, diabetes or whatever and you are above 50 you are the first to go. And no employment law cabn change that.

Or if they claim a exemption clause whilst advertising the 'Job' in which case they don't have too give a reason, they could simply say we don't like your shoes, I once went too a site too work internally I was barred from entrance on the words ''you look like a terrorist''.

I was Quite taken back that i was being called a terrorist by a irish gentleman, and secondly previous my employment  a couple of decades before involved being on the otherside of the coin.

These days there is no such thing anymore as a job for life. A lot of employers give out zero hours contracts which means basically you have hardly any rights. They always find a way to outsmart the law with something.