Surgery and effects on PD

Morning jps 1926, thank you for the update, it all seems to have been a rollercoaster of things going on for you!
I too was told I couldn’t have the surgery done privately for the same reason as you, however on hindsight, I am glad I had experienced NHS nursing staff, who could meet my needs!
The cruise sounded lovely and just the tonic for you both.
As you say 2024 is a year for positivity, good luck with it all.
Rotator cuff surgery then the recovery time is a very, very long road, I am4 months post op and it is still hard going, although I am assured by my physio that I am doing well. Just so you are aware, not to put you off!
Little nanny

Good morning Littlenanny, I just wanted to say - although I wish neither of you had to go through it - that it is lovely to read of the exchange of information between yourself and jps1926. It surely shows the supportive environment the forum can be at its very best. I wish you both well as you continue on what is clearly a very long road.
Tot

Thank you for your kind words Tot. I know where you’re coming from as the forum is here as a supportive tool as well, not just when we need answers or help? This PD road can be a lonely one at times! So a bit of normal chatter can help.
Littlenanny x

Hi to you all its a while since I posted.

As you all know now not to good on computer, I hope you are now all going on OK last time I posted it was before my spinal opp. jps 1926 i had the same opp decompression of C4 C5 C6 vertebrae and after had to go for Physio. I have had PD quite a while before opp. after the opp I lay there in the hospital bed neck in a collar and my feet were froze also it felt a though my left leg was in a vice, I did tell the doctor and staffbut they were so busy. 6 months later no face to face app but a phone call to see how i was doing, now when you have PD and opps its had to know what is PD or what is due to opp.The hospital would not discharge me, another phone call 6 months later, then another 3 months ago they ask me y=to go for an x-ray and scan well every thing was perfect (this was my spine of cause) but I still had lots of cramp and cold feet, which both had been a problem from after opp. The spinal doctor wanted to see me (no phone call this time) went to app and he said another MRI scan was needed but st the bottom of my back. Go home wait for letter. Next day reading a web site it was about dystonia and there it was all the sytems I had were there, so to cut a long story short, its hard to say when you have other conditions which belong to Parkie and which does not.

I would agree with that mary1947. I also have normal pressure hydrocephalus and many of the symptons of Parkinson’s are similar - more often than not even the doctors can’t say for sure which is which nor is my Parkinson’s considered the dominant condition - they are considered equal in terms of being serious conditions. There are no simple or easy answers to this unfortunately; but then again since when has Parkinson’s or any other diagnosed condition had easy answers lol. We can only do what we always do, get on with life as best we can with whatever challenges it throws at us.

Just an update on my ongoing issues. As the spinal consultant put in his letter to my GP’s, that my Neurologist consultant should take the lead and arrange my new spinal MRI and spinal investigation, they will not do anything further until they have seen the letter and heard from my Neurologist. As I knew he was out of the country for a long time at various PD conference I contracted him. Within less than 24 hours I had his response and a copy of the letter from the spinal consultant.

I printed these both off and delivered them to my surgery for the GP’s attention. That was early on in March and as yet they have still not beem loaded on to my letters in the NHS App and I still have not had an appointment. Answer when I asked is they are waiting for them to be typed up by hospital and sent to them.
I did point out to the practice manager that an orthopaedic consultation regarding my knees which I had on the 4th December letter only arrived with them on 14th March with follow up actions for the GP’s. But nothing heard, though it is filled on the App. Looking at my records she is not sure if my named GP has seen it and explained that she now only works 3 days per fortnight, but will eventually deal with the knee letter. Polite suggestion to them was why not give it to one of the other practice GP blank expressions said it all.

Never mind I have decided that I will just wait and see what happens eventually. I have asked for an appointment with any GP for after Easter so fingers crossed.
Stll smiling for now :sunglasses: