Terazosin medication

Having recently been diagnosed with early onset of PD I’ve been spending time doing some reading. I’ve come across a study into a drug used to treat prostrate cancer called terazosin that has been studied because of its potential to slow the progression of PD. The trial was due to end in August 2020. I’ve looked but cant see any published conclusion. Is anyone being prescribed this medication? Does anyone know the outcome of the trials,? I’m not due to see my consultant until December.

Hi @Sad0210,

I have responded to a similar query of yours here: Terazosin medication

I’m currently speaking to our research team about this and will be in touch with you again once I hear back from them. Thanks in advance for your patience.

Best wishes,
Reah

Hi Reah

Sorry to bother you.

Just a quick message to ask if you managed to get in touch with the research team?

Hi @Sad0210,

Yes, the link you posted is still the most up to date information we have. The clinical trial that you referred to is most probably the one happening in the US, as this is the only clinical trial we are aware of looking to assess terazosin in people with Parkinson’s. More about the trial can be read here -https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT03905811

The linked study indeed has a primary completion date listed as August 2020, however this probably has not happened as the status suggests it is still enrolling participants. We will continue to monitor this research and keep our research news pages updated. Another way to stay up to date with research news and opportunities is to join the Research Support Network.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best wishes,
Reah :slightly_smiling_face: