The passing of someone with PD

Hi there
I’m AAT
Last night my grandmother passed away, she had PD. A couple of weeks ago she went to the hospital because she had a bad cough, and kept throwing up. In hospital it was found that she had Pneumonia. She recovered within a week, and went home, where my mother looked after her, however on Sunday, the day I arrived she became a lot worse, she lost her speech and couldn’t open her eyes, and didn’t want to drink or eat, she also had trouble swallowing and the nasty cough came back. So we kept giving her water, until last night at 1am she passed away in her sleep.
This was all in Czech Republic and I flew back to the UK last night.
Does anyone have any advice, support or personal stories about the passing of someone with PD?
Thanks

Hello Aat,
We would like to welcome you to the forum, and offer our sincere condolences on your loss. Many of our members have experienced the passing of a PWP, and will likely offer their kindness and support in the coming days. While everyone grieves differently, sharing your feelings with others can be a helpful experience. Please be aware we have a free and confidential helpline at 0808 800 0303, staffed with advisers who would be happy to lend an ear as well.
Best to you and your family,
Jason
Moderation Team