To rest or not to rest?!

bettyblue --

I've sent a private message regarding my travels.

As to the Trump fiasco, there is a tiny spark of light in this dark, dark tunnel:  we can at least say that he did NOT win the popular vote.  More than half of us have a few brain cells left, though PD is probably destroying more of mine than I realise.  Oh, well, Trump is definitely not our first President guilty of sexual assault or dishonest business dealings.  But he probably is the first pathological liar and operator of a scam university!

J

confusedcryeye rollsad facemadfrowncool

The smilies are not  smiling kindest American Lady, I think its fair  to  say the  whole  world is in a  state  of  shock Janice I dont know if  you remember the lengthy exchange we had, oh   about a year  ago when Clump was behaving like a  pervy troll, well we  both  agreed he  would never become leader of your  great land, you in  fact  said that he  will  attract a large  following initially (then he  would be  totally blown  away by your people at the election ,and yes  I agreed oh how  wrong could we be Lady J), I dont think  we  need  to worry  too  much  though as    he will  drop  into deep  doo doo when he enters the  whitehouse  he  will be  so out  of his depth and the shady backroom  boys will be the  real  power behind the throne me  thinks  look at the two Dubyas, and poor  old  Regan , he and Gorbechov brought temporary easing  of the  fragile truce between the two super powers, but it was obvious RR was  ailing in the brain cell dept, and folks of  our  generation are  hard  pushed to  find  a decent  honest straight up  guy to  fill  the  role of  leader  of the   western world  , I was 13yrs  old  when JFK  was assassinated , I was reassembling a model locomotive  and the news came on   my  little transistor radio of his  murder,  I wept  buckets  Janice  ,so  how  upset  and  disappointed  I  became  as  bit  by bit  I learned of  his womanising  gambling  and corruption  never mind the  links  with  poor  Maralyn Monroe in fact the  only Presidents  I can say who  had no skeliton in  the  whitehouse  cupboard   were LBJ,,  Jim  Carter,  and  your  outgoing  President  Obama who I think was fighting above   his  weight and  was  prevented from doing   good things by  the  senate,and  oh how  galling it  must  be  to  hand  power  to  a  Moron  like  Dump, crump thump jump,, sorry  Lady  Janice of Oregon  my  brain  just  refuses to  type his  name,    one  more try  ASSTR???ho//e thats  as  near  as  I  can  go  Janice.

Things are still  good  between  Mrs Fed  and  I  but  PD is worsening by  the  day as  is  the  horrifying  pain  in  my  lower  back, as  if  to  tease  me  it  went  away  completely  last week,, boy  was  I pleased,, only  to  return  with  avengence  yesterday , pure undiluted  aaaaaaaaagony  my    friend  I have had skelatal  scans  xrays  and   ct  scans  but  no  mri,, cant  have   it  as  the  Ddopa  system  utilises a  fine  wire to  give  strength  to  the  tubes  delivering  my  medicine,, they are  going  to  change  them  soon  as  they  are  life   expired,  well  its  fine  and  sunny  here  Janice  so I am  going  to  try  and walk  down  the  garden  so  if  you hear  agonising screaming  emanating from  UK  side  its  only  me

All  my  very  best  of  bestness  Lady  Janice

FED  Desx

Ah, yes, a review of the Presidents during my lifetime certainly does not turn up tip-top intellectuals.  But this is beyond belief!  It is the nadir of what has long been called "the dumbing down of America."  Of course, every time I think we have hit the bottom, as with George W., I'm proven wrong.  Obama was at the top of virtually every class he was in -- an excellent scholar.  In addition he had the charisma and oratorical appeal that Hillary Clinton lacks.  But she did win the popular vote even so.

Every four years we discuss altering our election system; then nothing is changed.  Our electoral college is being criticised again.  Do you realise that no President has yet been elected?  In December the electoral college will meet so that the members can cast their votes.  Theoretically, they could elect Clinton, because they are not legally bound to cast their votes the way their states voted!  It's a risky set-up.

I'm sorry to hear that you are in such pain again, fed.  I wish I could share my good luck with this disease with every other PD patient.  If only I could figure out why I am different from others . . .?

I am excited about coming to the UK next summer.  I hope to meet one or two forum members if possible, but I'll only be travelling up north this time, staying in Edinburgh, Hexham, Lastingham, and Manchester.  I won't be passing through Heathrow at all, so no stay in London.

Take care, everyone.

J

big grinGood Morning Lady J

I have sent  two  mails to  you  this  very  morning re  your  visit to  Hexham ,  would you  believe I piloted a  glider almost  directly  over  this excellent  market  town yesterday,  I have flown  light  aircraft such  as  Piper Cherokee,  Cessna  172,,180, and  the  lovely Grumman  Tiger , a  assortment of Ultralights  and  Microlights  but  had  never  flown  a  glider  until  yesterday and  oh  what  joy   Lady J we  were  towed  up to  2500ft  then  the instructor  told  me  to pull a  T  bar  handle  and  the  effect  was  total  delight  J the  cable fell  away  and ,,,,silence,  only  the  wind whistling  very  softly round  the  canopy ,  all  my  cares  pain worries anxieties just  went,  it  must  be  surly the  most  relaxing way to  spend  a  couple  of  hours, and  I   will  hereby recommend it  to  all who  read  this,I felt as if I was  part of  the  elements and   it  is the most surefire way  to  put  BLACKHEART in  his cage   along  with  Dee  Presssion I really  did  not  want  to  land,  I will  be  back as  I  enjoyed  it  so  much and  all  thanks  to  my  lovely daughter Jennifer  and  her  husband Peter,, who  kept it  all  secret for  all  of  last  week,  and  to Garry  who  runs the  club at  Hedley  on the  Hill  Northumberland,  I can arrange   a flight  for  you  J if  you  wish,  that would be really  special. also Garry  often takes severely disabled folks  up so  if  anyone needs  info  let  me  know

There  are  some lovely gardens in  and  around  Hexham  Cragside near Rothbury Wallington. and  countless  others  including  Seaton Delaval  Hall  only  2mls  from  us so  you  will  enjoy  without   any  doubt  your  visit  to Northumberland

Kindest Regards   FED des

So happy for your joyful experience, fed!  I have been up in a glider only once but loved the feeling of floating weightlessly.  Of course, I was just a passenger, not the pilot.  That was my requested outing on my 60th birthday.

The UK has so much natural beauty to offer that I know I shall never see all of it, but I am excitedly looking forward to my visit to Northumberland and northern Yorkshire.  Another trip I want to visit the west and Wales.  The Highlands in Scotland await, too; I have only been as far as the Borders.  Of course, you know, when we travel overseas now, Americans will have Canadian flags all over our luggage and backpacks! 

J

I've only just caught up with this thread and seen the comments about Trump. No-one else has mentioned Merkel's letter of congratulations to him, so I am indulging myself. No doubt if I lived in Germany I would be aware of Merkel's shortcomings, all politicians have them, but hats off to her for this.........

Germany and America are bound together by their values: democracy freedom, respect for the law and the dignity of human beings irrespective of their origin,skin colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation or political position. On the basis of these values I offer the future president of the US Donald Trump, close cooperation.

Yes, that was well done, wasn't it?

J

Well Ill go t ft of  our  stairs Mosie, more than half (just,)  of Americans were taken in by this  guy, but  the  popular  vote  rejected him  60 - 40,or  thereabouts,and as if to  further construct a feeling of  doom and forboding he says Putin isnt such   a bad  sort,  allegedly,  try  telling  that  to  the  Syrians and  prepare to meet Mr G Reaper  he is  going  to   have his  work load  heavily increased, I would love  to  ask  him  his plans  regarding  Parkinsons   Research, I presume  he  will  get  us  to  build  a  wall  around our  homes, at  our  expense eh

FED

You saw the rally at which he mimicked the disabled man, right?  I figure he'll deport us along with the illegal immigrants for putting too much strain on the health care system. 

J

Until we became PDF buddies Lady J  I was not confident enough to  travel to  your  land then through our friendship and your knowledgeable postings a venture across  the bigwater I again thought of  trip to  he  US ,  it was going  to  be a  Aviation themed  trip  taking  in  US Airbases and  Aircraft   Storage and  Disposition centres,  you  know  where  they  park  thousands  of Aircraft  in  the  desert awaiting  scrapping  of return    to  service ??, but  now  my doubts  have  returned due to Clump. Bump Elump  Prump  dammit  my  brain wont  let  me type  that mans  name,,,, Trump,(my  wife  typed it ) as I predicted the  closer he   gets  to  the  WhiteHouse, the  more     bewildred he he   appears to  be and  so  Im  afraid  the  trips off , the world  is in  exactly the  same  unsettling situation as  it  was  just  before  the  start  of  the  2nd  world war with  that  nice  mr  ADOLF  Shicklegruber blitzkrieging his near  neighbours  until the mad megolomaniac took on the Russians  and  the  rest  of  the  world  ,, result  2 --0  to  us  but as  MR  P  has  exactly  the   same  value of human life  as  SMOKIN  JOE  STALIN  the  result  of No 3 WW  WILL NOT  GO ANYONES WAY,  THE  Russian  Nuke  SATAN  can obliterate  France    one  bomb,   oh  happy  days eh  Lady  J.

At least  it will  cure   my  PD

Kindest  regards   Fed

Hello --

I wouldn't discourage anyone from visiting the U.S. simply because of Frump.  Most likely, the damage he does will be primarily to U.S. citizens' pocketbooks.  Congress possesses great power in the balance of the three branches of govt.  It is my hope that members of the House and Senate will not be overwhelmed.  Frump is already being called on his latest lies.  He tried to claim he had single-handedly saved jobs by keeping Ford  from closing a major plant.  Apparently, he not only had nothing to do with the matter, but Ford was not even planning on closing the plant!  LOL

The sanity of the populace may be more widespread than I had feared, too.  In a poll asking whether Frump's selection of cabinet and staff members gave a favourable impression of his presidency, the result was 90% in the "NO" column.

Unless you're a Mexican or a Muslim or black, the groups maligned by the President-elect, you can feel safe here, I'm sure.  On the West Coast, especially, we feel as secure as ever.  Of course, we voted for Clinton, so the revenge may drop unexpectedly . . . .

J

Hello Lady J of Grey

Weather here  terrible   the world spinning a few thousand miles  further away from the sun plus the  axis  tilting away from our nearest  star has a astonishing effect ,, but  not to  worry  the  Nutter  soon  to et  his fat a?? on the most important seat in the known  universe is  rapidly  cancelling  all  the contracts and  dismantling every bridge carefully  built with  the worlds  super powers  to limit GLOBAL  WARMING  as I predicted  he  is  way  out  of  his  comfort  zone   and  is  smashing  all the  toys enviously  coveted  in  the  run  up  to the  election,  so  before  we  know  it  there  will be  no  winter  at  all ??  well  thanks  a  lot  DT  thanks  a  so  FR??????g  lot mate,  the   only  thing  is  the  NORTH  SEA  will   be  in  my  back  garden and most  of   the worlds  most   productive  farmland  will be  under  30 ft  of   newly  released seawater the   as ice caps  will  be gone,  mind  you  no  one would  or  will   pay  any  attention  to  any  treaty  or  contract  of  any  kind  it  does  not  make   any difference  who  signs  up, its  always  well maybe  next  year,  so  nothing  ever  changes except the  worlds  climate  that  is.

There is  estimated  to  be  4 trillion  tons of  methane  locked  in   the  Arctic  Tundra  and its  being  released  as  we  speak ,  millions  of  tons  per   year,  now   that  is  a worry,  its  a  more  potent   greenhouse  as  than   CO2 plus  its   highly  inflammable,,  oh  happy  days,  how  do  they  weigh  gas,  I have  a  hand  full  right  now  but  I  feel no  weight.

FED 

I worked for Hillary Clinton and our candidates here in NYS.I also had gone door to door and talked to many more on the phone.In all that effort i found few who said they would vote for Trump.

In the final tally I was totally shocked about the outcome and still in disbelief.I know there is support elsewhere but why?

Im so glad I made the effort this time as it might be my last chance.IMy only wish would be that I hadnt waited so many years to be a better citizen

coolHello John

The most worrying aspect of this farcical shameful diabolical terrifying event is this, purely and  simply , how many people live  in the US, 400 million, I dont know but I will find out, now I know not everyone can be president but surely somewhere in that vast country surely  surely please please can you  step forward there must be a good man, straight as a die , free of  corruption a man of the people for  the  people someone  fair kind understanding  diplomatic oh  and  did  I mention free of  corruption oh and agnostic yet respectful of all  religions,  but strong enough to stand  up to bullies like(  Adolf  ) Putin ?? who incidently has shown he is  more  than  willing  to confront  the US in  Syria, why  has  a  no  fly  zone not  been put  in  place  by  the UN and NATO, and enforced,?  answer +=WW3  so  those poor people  continue to be  murdered  by the  thousands  and  Pres CLUMP is  just the man  for  the  job  isnt he???????????????

(   NOPE  )  FED

A big thank you for your efforts to John947 from all the way across the country!  If only our two coasts could elect the nation's leaders, what a difference it would make to the world. 

Naturally, the sitting President has to say hopeful things about the President-elect as part of the "peaceful transfer of power," but the rest of us can acknowledge that it is simply stupidity to say, "Give him the benefit of the doubt.  Give him a chance to prove himself."  If a toddler picks up a loaded gun, we don't adopt a wait-and-see policy.  And as soon as Trump winds up his plans with foreign leaders for building hotels in their countries and lining his own pockets, I feel sure he will turn to more dangerous affairs.  Meanwhile, every white supremacy group in the country gains reassurance and increases in audacity and overt aggression. 

Trump is unfit, unprofessional, unethical, unintelligent.  With any luck he will be the first in the office to be impeached within his first month and be un-President.  Of course, that would leave us with the 18th-century horror named Pence!  The options aren't good.

Hello J and all who  venture to  this  cheery  thread

You are obviously a intelligent thoughtful woman who  cares deeply for  your vast country and you  like myself and  countless millions of folks around the  world are  now fearful of what  happens  now, they  have witnessed the horrible sight of  the  blue  touchpaper lit and  sit  helpless with their fingers in their ears awaiting the  inevitable.

Last night I watched a documentary the subject of  which  was  the rise of fascism in the US  France and Germany but the US branch take  to  the  streets  armed to the teeth with  superior weapons than   SWAT  and   the Army they are easy enough  to  buy  apparently and have  allegedly been smuggled to   Europe ? now its clear enough  to  see where  this  is  going and  at  such  terrifying times you need  a guy  who is  competent in  the    hot  seat ( The White House)  is it not part of your constitution that a discharged bankrupt  cannot  or  at  least  should not be  elected to such a powerful position , he is  even finding a job for  Mrs S McMAD Palin my  god its  like   a Python script but  no  ones   laughing, now  before  I get blown  away by (take your  pick)  there is  a  link between PD and  frumps  unfortunate  "for  us"  presidency ,he has no place  for  the  sick  poor  or  needy and I am  sure  Mr J Stalin would  be  a  fan if  he  wasnt  deeded  thank god!  and we  PD  afflicted persons are  for  sure  sick ,  plus a  large number of  research  establishments  developing  drugs  to  cure  parky are  in  the target  area of ICBMs so if push  comes  to  shove where will  our  Hospitals (if any are left)  and  GPs source  our meds,,my  im in  a  cheery  one  tonight  ,all  I  need  now is a 20 ml asteroid  plus Yellowstone  letting  go   and Vlad the Impaler and his fellow  nutter plump will pale  into insignificance.

Sleep well  friends  FED

Men usually learn in there sixties that life is ebbing and its time to prepare our legacy.I am fortunate to know this and work at .I find Mr.Trump is a man who never got the message.he is still looking for glory .That is why he becomes so irrational when others talk against him

I did my part with Hillary.I ll leave our democratic leaders to worry about him.certainly I will be there when needed

Yesterday a group of computer experts expressed possible flaws in the voting in three critical states.Well we should know soon if there will be a request for another count.

John, I read the same information, but the source was the New York Daily News.  At least that is the only source I've seen cited yet.  Is it reliable, generally?  The trouble is that, just as in Gore's case, once a President-elect is announced and the opposition candidate concedes, we never see a change take place to correct the injustice done.  The gerrymandering that was just declared illegal should yield a correction of some sort in at least one state, but it won't.  When chicanery or mistakes are discovered, the public does not benefit from the discovery.  Hence, the Republicans have again gotten away with cheating in an election while calling Sec. Clinton "crooked"!

J

Hello  J and J   hmmm  very  eeenteresting eet  eeze  gut uve past  theese  knowlede to meinsilf unt mein PD Kommand Troops ve will Akt upon theese uny Blitzen mach 7 plus, Danke, Seriously  though folks its all unravelling and  he  has not even been  sworn  in,, sworn  at  yes,  in  no?,so  based on  what  you  have  read there  may  be  a  recount, well  that  would  be  a  first ,corruption at  the  very top  of  US government NOT  mind  you  our lot  are  about as much  use as  Ice cream armour ( not  good )  on MBTs the previous PM  called a  referendum bu???ed  everything up then walked away and now prices are  going up and the pound  down, our precious NHS is  being  run into the ground as a  precursor  to privatisation and  as I have the expensive Ddopa system which is essential  if  I need  mobility,  how  long before  I  am  recalled by    Dear Mr Fedex,, letter also my dear  wife and I  have been  trying  to  fill in  a document called PIP  sounds  simple  but  trying  to  answer  questions  like ? (if you have a piece of nylon cord(black) 6 inches in  length how  long can  you hear it  on fridays?????      )  your form will be  returned to you if  the  cord  is  any  other colour and  you  may  lose  benefit ,   in any other  questions wearing a hand  knitted  hat and  scarf  is mandatory failure to  do  so  will mean  you  may  lose  benefit  ,  ha ha,  you  think  Im being  silly  dont  you  not  as silly as the kind folk  who make the  questions for  PIP  of  course they  have made  it  so  the  points accumulated will  indicate  anyone with  a  IQ  less than Bert  Einstein, or ten University Challenge  teams plus DATA,,   you know , the Android  on  board  THE  ENTERPRISE  (will have  their  benefit  reduced or taken away and  shot)  ,,silly  eh  guys  so  come  on, truthfully has  any one  cracked a PIP  first time  or  even  better got  past the   electronic  ECMs and  accessed  the  help line only  to  face a Rottweiler barking her orders (eef  view  kannot ansa zeeez  seemple quesstuns Herr  Fedex  Vee haf veys off makeen   yu  ansa einer vorsprung  waggen kippted,  I gave up  in  the  end  and  have some  one  coming  to  my  home  ,but only if I wear  pink  wellies

FED

you may  lose  benefit

We can always hope something different will happen now