Toes clawing

Good luck hope it goes ok xc

Sorry to have a moan, but its just one of those days. feeling really low today.  Rang my Parkinson's Nurse who I should have seen in January only to be told she had left and they were replacing her.  Ran today no replacement.  Next appointment to see consultant is MAY 23RD.  Do you ever feel there is nobody out there.

Hi Shurdthebird,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling low today. Please do remember that our Helpline team are here if you'd like to speak to someone about how you're feeling, or if you'd like to speak to a Nurse about symptoms. They're on 0808 800 0303 and here until 7pm this evening. 

I hope this helps.

Take care, 

Joanne 

Hi Shurdthebird,

Do take Joanne's advice I have spoken to the help line and their PD nurses a few times and they really do want to help.

Best Wishes BB x

Thank you Joanne, just that no Parkinsons Nurse for Oxford, had an appointment with her in January, rang to be told she had left and new one was starting soon.  It is now May and still no NURSE.Seeing consultant in couple of weeks time, so it can wait till then.  Thank you for replying knowing somebody cares is a boost.

I have wide feet and it is always difficult to find shoes that are comfortable, especially when buying them over the internet. Fortunately, these fit the bill quite well from the first wearing when I put them on and breathed a sigh of relief. Nice to know Orthofeet a shoe company I can depend on for future purchases.

I have plantar fasciitis and these shoes help a lot. I still have some heal pain but it’s not terrible. They are not strange to get used and Orthofeet serve their purpose well. I didn’t have to put in any other arch support insole to help with my plantar fasciitis. I was impressed!!!

I was just told by my NEurologist this is part of parkinsons.

To date I have not been told otherwise and have the problem every morning…

Hi goldengirl. I was interested to read your post as I have clawing on both feet and I’m going on the waiting list to have that same operation done. I now have some idea what I’m in for and I do feel a little reassured knowing it was a success for your husband. I feel I need to get my body to the point where I can exercise regularly but I seem to always have an ailment that stops me getting fit and active. :frowning:

Hi Nicko
I am pleased to hear you are on the waiting list as clawed toes make walking even more difficult!
My husband’s op was done with a spinal anaesthetic and an ankle block as general anaesthetics often are a problem for patients with Parkinson’s.
It was a nuisance with the rods and ‘sandals’ but not painful.
We bought 2 plastic things from the chemist to wear in the shower…they were great to keep everything dry.
One toe has moved and is out of place again but we were warned this can happen.
Otherwise it’s been a great improvement.
Good luck!
Love
GG

Nowadays it’s way easier to find shoes for people with feet issues. Some famous brands have specific super cushioned shoe models. Here check this list, for example. Though these shoes don’t provide complete pain relief, but it’s way more comfortable to walk in these instead of usual shoes.

I sometimes get this in my left foot but thisoly happens whemn I am under medicated.