Took me awhile to come on board

Hi Smoggy...a big welcome to you matey. By your avitar I guess you are a fireman? Wow! Calm down Dolly!! 

Sorry about that....like everyone has already said, we are a friendly lot, all with different stories and our own methods of coping with the old "Parky". You will find support, friendship, fun and understanding on here. 

So chat away Smoggy ....

Dolly xx

Hi everyone,

once again thank you so much for the warm welcome.

Ian just to put your mind at rest.....I dont use the mascara since dx. I shake so badly at times I nearly lost an eye.

Dolly you were nearly right, Im a retired fireman but still only 58.

Rachel you are so strong minded your family should be proud of you.

Sue for every low you have theres a million highs Im sure we will all go down a bumpy road every now and then.

John

Hi Rachel,

Thank you so much for those words. Goodness, you have had a great deal to cope with over the years. What an amazing lady and still trying to be strong and supporting others. I really admire you for that. I have started seeing someone who I'm hoping can help and of course the kindness of folk on here! 

This evening I went out for a girly meal and it was lovely to giggle and chat about anything really. A bit of an escape so to speak. 

Ian too makes me chuckle. I love his numerous comments! It's usually late when I get on here due to work but good to catch up. 

Thanks again and my best wishes to you too.

sue x

Thanks smoggy for your words too! By the by, I'm married to an ex retained firefighter. A bit of useless info for you eh!!

nite nite for now,

sue

Night sister xx

Err Ian, its best not to think too much about the shower scene i reckon! The thought of you singing like Elvis and farfanoogannin at the same time has messed with my head, Where do i go now to nurture my self pity? You are a crack pot!

Rachel xxxx

Evening friends...

So Barnowl, I guess you aint a fan of Elvis.

Hi Lexi........Im pleased to hear your o/h was a retained fireman. They were very much taken for granted by some full timers but I always thought they done there community well.

Ian.........please stop trumping.

John

Aye barny 

there will be no more self pity to nurture just sing your song !!!! This forum is quite the night eh am of back through it one more time right ma wee centipede catch ya later 

Ian xx

Hi smoggy how's the form 

wi yourself the night I had a busy day at work and then slept most of the night after supper . What's new the day then ? All I did was deliver a load of Kingspan to Inverness you know home of the lochness monster take care smogg

Ian 

Hi Ian....

meds are doing my head in....literally.

Had a couple of rough nites but it wont beat me.

Ive heard kingspan is good for making thermal insoles.

​look after yourselflol

John

Hi smoggy what's up 

you say Meds no good what's happening to you ? 

Ian 

Hi Ian.

dr put me on ropinirole and upped my dose. bedroom spins 6 to dozen and when going to bathroom i staggered like our local alchoholic.

by the way im pleased you swapped your fridge for a bike

john

Aye aye smoggy 

did you have balance problems before the med ?i dinna fancy that spinning at all can't get like that even with a beer I just fall asleep after a few ! Strange how we can't walk but cycle is easy , I can walk backwards no prob but what you have can't be good , hope that they can sort you out better than that good luck to you , night John  boy !

ian

Hi Ian,

like the new photo! Hope you're ok. Bikings good. Haven't been on mine since shoulder op but ought to give it a try again. 

Only a quick hello as now off to bed and work tomorrow again at 8. Have a good day and as we say here......."on yer bike!!!"

sue 

Morning John - If the Ropinirole's not suiting you then I should have a word with your neuro or parkinson's nurse they can prescribe something that is better for you, you should'nt have to put up with feeling ill. The meds i'm on is  Ralnea Ropinirole XL slow release tablets, I have been on them for six years and now take 18mg per day and I've been on them now since day one. They don't suit everyone but i've been ok because they are the slow release sort, they tried to change me to a cheaper brand 'Eppinex' Ropinirole. but that did'nt agree with me.

So don't suffer matey. go and tell 'em! - Sheila

Good Afternoon ....

in answer to your question Ian ....I never had balance probs before but Sheila has hit the nail on the head. I were prescribed quick release tablets instead of slow release so this was causing a massive overdose of chemicals to my system. Hopefully this is sorted now.

Hope everyone is well and still enjoying life.

Be Good

John

Aye  aye smoggy 

how Are you getting on now  med sorted out I hope? No a lot new here ,we were off oot on the bikes the day and I just woke up as I was tired after cycle , you try the bike at all  ?  My walking gets bad but cycling is good . And there wes some triumphing going on coming up the hills , no me the wife ha ha !! Well that's my news take care smoggy 

ian