Update: Impulsive and compulsive behaviour

Bumping this back before it gets lost..........
I agree Radz, this should be kept to the front so that everyone is kept aware
Hello all,
Just to let you know, the impulsive and compulsive behaviour campaign web page has been updated. This is to reflect the new campaigns officer post which most of you will already be aware of:

http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/about_us/news/news_items/all_news/impulsive_behaviour_update.aspx

Ezinda
Hi all.

I've been away for a month or so, what's been happening on this?

Have I missed anything?

RoS
Hi Ray, I don't think that we have heard anything about the post of Campaigns Officer, I'm sure that they have interviewed by now but don't know if they have appointed anybody to the post.

Ive written to my MP recently regarding my doctors refusal prescribe the apomorphine pen for me, in that letter I have mentioned that I want an appointment to see him. I am intending to discuss the issue of DA's with him and I want to know why, because we live in UK, it is so difficult for us to take the pharmaceuticals and neuro's to Court.

I'll keep you updated.

Glenchass
Good luck on all counts!

xx
hi glenchass and Ray,

I can reassure you the recruitment of a Campaign Officer is most definitely happening. I spent last Thursday and Friday at PUK's offices doing just that. I am very involved in the selection process to find a suitable candidate, along with getting the role up and running within PUK. The selection process is almost complete and i should be able to give everyone a full update next week.

Also there is a second ICD/OCD steering group meeting being held this Friday in London. I shall be presenting my proposals at this meeting as to what the campaign needs to focus on! In essence the plan is to focus of 3 key objectives,

1) Greater awareness of OCD side effects amongst all health professionals who prescribe PD medication and in particular DA's.

2) Bring the pharmaceutical companies to the table and getting them to start playing ball so to speak! For example, i want them to pay for any new training or educational materials we may require, and to update there info leaflets and websites with relevant and up to date info regarding OCD side effects. Will this be a big challenge, you bet it will! However i spent 30 years of my working life negotiating with some of the biggest manufactures in the world, so i got a few things up my sleeve when it comes to knowing which levers to pull.

3) Create a NEW dedicated support unit at PUK to give expert advise to people affected by this issue and provide ongoing help and support for those coping with the aftermath of OCD side effects. I shall go in to more detail on this over the coming weeks.

Must sign off now need to take my meds, hopefully this reassures you both.

regards
bluey
Thanks Bluey