A bit about me

I’m Jac I was diagnosed in 1999 when I was 36 I’m now 61. The hardest thing I find is coping with relationships. I had DBS 7 years ago and it was a game changer for me. I had stopped drinking hot drinks and eating hot food as I was frightened of burning myself. I can now drink a hot drink without spilling it.

I try to find the positive in most situations and some days it’s harder than others.

1 Like

Hi JFisher,

Welcome to our community forum. We hope you’ll feel welcome to explore and contribute. Please be aware of our website at Parkinsons.org.uk, where you can search for news, research, and medication data, as well as fundraising activities and various other events. We also have a free and confidential helpline, on 0808 800 0303, staffed with advisors who are happy to answer questions, direct you to resources in your area, and just to listen if that’s what you need.

Please accept our warmest welcome.

Jason
Forum Moderator

Hello JFisher and welcome to the forum. Sounds to me like you are doing fine and long may that be so. I’m a great believer in keeping positive - not always easy but worth the effort and if I have to give in to a not so good day now and again, I just go with it. It’s not the end of the world if I need an occasional ‘duvet day’ lol.
Welcome aboard.
Tot