A Proper Chat room Needed

What are the advantages of having a ‘chat ‘room? Are you suggesting typing as the communication medium or a fully integrated video/audio link?

Typing within such an environment would become very confusing if more than two people were ‘chatting’ at once. We all type at varying speeds and someone or more would get left behind. It could be very embarrassing.

Imagine three people conversing and two of them are accomplished typists.

Person A...............Hello ‘B’ and ‘C’
Person B...............Good day ‘A’ and ‘C’
Person C...............Hi ‘A’ and ‘B’

‘A’........What’s the weather like where you are?
‘B’.........It’s lovely here!
‘A’........Did you get to talk with that newbie yesterday?
‘B’........Yes I did! She seemed very nice and thought the forum was great!
‘C’.......Its horrible here!

It’s easy to be misunderstood.

I’m not against the idea but I cannot see the benefits.

Luke
Hi Lukey,
I have used a few chatrooms at times have found them frustratting other times helpful.I think it takes some getting use to.I think respect for others is important,if you ask a question give time for person/people to reply.I find chatrooms which say someone is typing are best,also ones you can change font and colour.
I am having to be very careful what I write on the open forum,but sometimes could really do with someone to chat to.I have a few friends which have been and are really supportive who I met on here or other pd sites who I talk to on msn or phone.However cant expect them to be online when I am.would just be good to have a place to go.
Take Care Dot x
i like me forums,all of erm and ilove chating to friends on msn and face book i been going through alot,and still got the biggey to come in january ,it the count down for me,but with all the surport and caring on these forums have given me strengh to get me head to geather and become the person i used to be.i would like to thankyou you all that are surporting me.:smile: