About Me

Hello, my Parky Forum name is Tonka27 - I am newly diagnosed and just started on Madopar. Feeling a little scared about the journey ahead.

Hi @Tonka27, :wave:

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m sure our members will extend their welcome to you shortly, however, as you’re newly diagnosed, you may want to visit our website which has a lot of relevant information. We have information specifically for newly diagnosed people with Parkinson’s including how to get the right support, connecting with others and an introductory guide to Parkinson’s contains information about symptoms, treatments and living with the condition. You can find this info here: https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/newly-diagnosed-parkinsons

It’s completely understandable that you’re feeling scared, but please be rest assured that we are here to support you and you are not alone. Our helpline and Parkinson’s local advisers are here to answer any questions you have about your recent diagnosis and life with Parkinson’s. Give us a call on 0808 800 0303 or email us at [email protected]

Best wishes,
Reah
Forum Community Manager

Welcome friend

@Tonka27, well home to the forum and totally understandable to feel concerned about the journey ahead. My advice to you would be don’t Google for info, use Parkinson’s UK website or raise your concerns with neurologist, PD Nurse or GP. PUK helpline is also very user friendly as is the forum.

Just a guess but Tonka 27 are you ex RAF? I am and on Tonka’s tours with TTU, XVsqn , CT mod team & 13sqn, ground crew

Like everyone on the forum we are not experts in mr parky and it’s challenges, but any concerns and just ask and we will give you are thoughts based on what has happened to us. If you want a chat PM me and I would be happy to do so.

Best wishes & stay safe :sunglasses:

Hi we were all scared till it hits home everyone is different but u will come to terms with Parkinson’s in your own time i carry on as normal as if nothing is there i think about my disease every day but Parkinson’s hasn’t got me try be yourself, i have a resting tremor thats all it doesn’t stop me in anyway ive accepted its part of me it won’t go away so accept what Parkinson’s throws at you, be positive you will win in mind take every day as it comes take care