About me

Hi, i have had parkinsons for about 4 years, i do regular excercise to to help lesson the symptons, I do get nerve pain in my legs which i suspect is something to do with Cocareldopa, i also get unsteadyness when walking & put this down to the Gabapentin i take at night it’s better since i’v been reducing them.This is with my Dr’s concent.

Hello Leosooty,

I’m sure other forum members will join me in welcoming you, and it’s wonderful to have you here.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us. It’s great to hear that you’re actively managing your Parkinson’s through regular exercise and that you’re taking a proactive approach to improve your symptoms.

It’s not uncommon for medications like Co-careldopa and Gabapentin to have side effects, and it’s good to hear that you’re working closely with your doctor to adjust your medication and alleviate some of these side effects. By doing so with your doctor’s consent, you’re ensuring a safe and tailored approach to your treatment.

If you have any questions or need further information, feel free to ask. We’re here to help.

Best wishes,
Federica
Forum Moderation Team

My name is Elizabeth and my husband was diagnosed with Parkinson’s during the Pandemic.
We are Spanish Residents.
I am looking for information to help me to understand what a good ‘Parkinson’s Care Plan’ looks like?
In simplistic terms: who, what, when and where? Can anyone help please?
I know everyone is different but the principles and the who, what, when and where should follow best practice. Can anyone help please or point me to where I can find good quality information and guidance? I want to be able to judge if we are following a good care plan and how I can work to improve it. Thank you in advance.