About the Introductions and Personal Stories Category

Hi, and a very warm good morning, on a chilly morning, I was diagnosed 7 years back , at 39 it was virtually winning the lottery, the doctor had no words to console me. I have been through a lot of rough seas living with pd. At the moment I’m on furlough, working in hospitality, but there’s lot of uncertainty as to resuming work, but more , if ill be able to after a year in confinement.
I just happened to see this link, as i was browsing through parkinsons art.
i have scribbled on pages venting my energy trying to sketch. please visit the site for a virtual visit tothe gallery and view some talented artists. thank you

Hi @carlitomonteiro

It may be a chilly day but here’s a warm welcome to our friendly forum. I’m sure you’ll receive replies from your fellow members, some of whom will be artists or art lovers.

These are indeed difficult times for everyone and, when you have an additional concern like Parkinson’s, it can be even more challenging. Others will likely have a lot to share with you.

I also wanted to tell you about the Parkinson’s UK website which you can find here. You’ll find a lot of useful information about Parkinson’s so take your time and explore. If you need more support, do you know about our Helpline at 0808 800 0303?

Best wishes,
Janice
Moderation Team

I am not new to parkinsons I have had it for 12yrs, I have been retired 12yrs, i have been doing longbow archery until this year parkinsons has beaten me i cannot pull the bow anymore.

Hello everyone,
I am new here, and glad to see you.

1 Like

Hello back to you👍