Aches

Hi I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in April 2018, been hard especially with the anxiety. I am working full time, and today is the first time I have taken time off due to the Parkinson’s. I have constant neck and back ache and though I am taking my meds and extra paracetamol I just cannot shift it, is this normal.
Thewhit

Mine is lower back and downwards.
Knees ankles calfs and feet.
I use solpadeine max soluble.

Hi my aches are head, neck and lower back normally cope with the pain but its impacting with the tremors in my right hand and arm and just got no energy. Hope this is just a bad couple of days and it calms down.

My husband has Parkinson’s for about 5 years now he always has some sort aches and pain going on - he uses ice packs and medicates him self with Marijuana and sometime strong drink will help. I don’t encourage that you start drinking to numb your aches and pain but it seems to work for him… I do worry that he relies on theee things for comfort … aside from that regular exercise and eating well helps him to feel better about his situation.

My husband also back pain and aches alll over … as result we don’t have physical contact much as couple. Usually after sex he finds himself pain - it’s besn about 5 years or so since diagnosed. He tried to exercise as much as possible to keep himself in shape. He does not take any PD medications and is taking supplements. I don’t think supplements are helping he may need to start PD meds but still in denial about his disease. I’m sorry you are feeling so much pain. Please try stretching and ice packs.

Hi I was diagnosed with Parkinson’s about a year ago and this is the first time that I have been brave enough to post anything. I was lying awake in bed and came across your post. I work full-time hours and also suffer from mainly back shoulders and leg ache but other areas too I suffer from anxiety and at the moment trying to recover from a mini meltdown over a WhatsApp message! I use my Parkinson medication, co-codamol, prayer requests and meditations. This seems to eventually work I am supposed to be getting the new medication but there is a delay. Hopefully this will improve things I’m not sure how to finish this post off but as much to say from reading your post and replies other people are going through this too. Thank you for posting.

Hi Marvel,
Just like you I also work full time and the anxiety plays a big put. Just yesterday I stumbled and hit my face due to stupin as my lower back as been giving alot more pain than normal. My wife says that I am doing to much but I am just trying to be active while I can, I am taking paracetamol and ibuprofen but not helping. I have taken a couple of days off, hopefully this may help.