Advice / Help please

Hi Everyone - I’m 45 and have been experiencing some symptoms of PD for around 15 years. I’m not sure what to do.

Around 10 years ago I had tingling and trembling on one side. Went to a neurologist and had a brain scan. Everything was fine. Indeed I was made to feel like I was wasting their time.

All the symptoms came back again about three years ago, went through the same process and was told the same thing. He said it may be something I just have to live with.

My symptoms have returned again. I also have some numbness in my leg, but it doesn’t at the moment make me walk any different. I read so many stories about people being fobbed off by doctors that I’m not sure whether there is something actually wrong with me or whether the doctors are fobbing me off. I do have a tremor in my left hand which comes and goes and sometimes it spreads slightly to my leg. Its quite scary when I’m lying in bed and I can feel a shake in my arm. Its never happened in my fingers or toes.
The thing is if I go to a neurologist again I’m pretty sure I’ll pass all the same tests he did last time. When I’m sat still with my hands on the lap the tremor does look very mild.

Any advice would be appreciated. I think this is sending me crazy.
Cheers

Hi Bruce123,

Welcome to the forum. This must be very confusing for you but we’re sure some of our members will be along to tell you about their experiences. In the meantime, it might be helpful to look at the information on our Do I have Parkinson’s page. You can also call our Helpline on 0808 800 0303 and they will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

Best wishes,
Edwina
Moderation Team

Hi Bruce,
These symptoms are not necessarilly linked with a PD. So I guess only a DATSCAN or a dopamine test can show the real picture and confirm or eliminate PD as a cause… so it is back to the Neurologist…
Cheers

Hi totally agree with koro sort out a dat scan
Pete

Thanks a lot. That’s what I’ll do. Cheers.

Cheers Peter.

Thanks very much. Very useful info. Cheers

1 Like