Advice please - duodopa pumps

I had my Duodopa pump procedure in Hospital in October 2017, and as I was diagnosed with Parky in 2012, and was talking far too many Madopar tablets, so my Neurologist suggested the Duodopa Pump. It was wonderful when I first connected up, and 2 and a half years later is still preferable to taking all those pills. It’s not perfect, but at least I can eat anytime, with no worrying about when I took my last Madopar. Any Qestions :question: only too pleased to answer.

Hi Meravco, it depends on what your hourly dose rate is set at, plus what your morning dose is set at - this will determine how long in hours your cassette will last, it should be connected up to you around 7am (+ removed from refrigerator 20 > 30 minutes before connecting) and that should give you 16 hours of direct infusion to your Lower Duodenum. I was the same re not getting through the night until my Neurologist suggested taking 2 Sinemet tablets (a slow release Parky medication) I think this has helped

It is interesting to hear of people using the Duodopa pump. Is anyone on it day and night??
I would be interested to know what if any, side effects experienced. I have been on it for nearly 2 years.