Advice welcome please

Hi unsure if I am posting in the correct section, apologies if this is in the wrong place! I am looking for some advice ahead of a telephone appointment with a PD nurse in the morning. I started sinemet CR last Aug to see how I responded, saw my neruo consultant mid January and he has confirmed PD. We dicussed the medication I started and about bringing in other meds but felt a little argh!! when he told me the possible side effects so agreed that was a no go. He said he could offer me another medication which would give me a boost, I get quite a fatigue period mid afternoon, GP called me to say the medication selegiline would be ready and to make appointment with GP in two weeks to review this and if this did not help with my lack of sleep at evenings he would change to rasagiline. I’ve read on here what I can find out about these medications but feel a little apprehensive about adding more into the mix to see what works, when I saw the consultant I said obviously the current sinemet Cr is obviously doing it’s job, now confused as have read that this the ‘gold standard’ treatment, I really don’t want to go down the road of starting new medications and will discuss this with the PD nurse but is this normal? Is it a case of trial and see how it goes? any advice welcomed and will see what the PD nurse advice is, from reading on here I want to be able to take control of what I’m actually putting into my body thank you