After vaccine

Has anyone here noticed any change in their parkinsons symptoms after having the vaccine?

My WWP had 1st dose of AstraZeneca vaccine on 23rd February. She is 62 years old. We have not noticed any change in her Parkinson’s symptoms.

The pain in my arm actually eased!

Yes, my medication seemed to be less effective. What did you notice?

Hi @Summerson,

It’s a little concerning that you’re medication is less effective since receiving your vaccine; have you raised this with your GP? If not, I’d encourage you to consult with your GP or Parkinson’s nurse and please make a note of your side effects on the Yellow Card website.

For more support on this, you’re more than welcome to give our helpline a call on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah

I have had both doses of vaccine and have had no side effects and my Parkinson’s doesn’t seem to have been affected at all

1 Like

This is great news @Ljkilpatrick! :+1:

I’m sure this will reassure many members of the forum community. :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry to take so long replying. I am not a regular on this forum at the moment. My husband who has been diagnosed 9 years has had a headache and fatigue and a noticeable increase in tremor since he has had the 1st AV jab. the doctor did blood tests and all fine. We have yellow carded it too. he has been worried this might get worse with second. Doctor says to have it.
Hope You are feeling better??.