Agonist patches

My first post and hope someone out there can help please. My first course of medical treatment since being diagnosed last year is agonist patches. Although I follow the instructions to the letter, the patches keep falling off which of course I don't notice til later. Any tips? Thanks
Ask for something else?

There are many Agonists out there so if one doesn't suit you then try another.

I tried the Neupro patches (rotigotine), mirapexin and requip, eventually deciding on a low dose of Requip and Azilect, which works for me.

Good luck

Caroline
x
Thanks for your reply, Caroline. It hadn't occurred to me there are more than one type of agonist patches or that I could ask to try different ones. I'm not sure how much I can expect or should expect from them. At least the patches have stopped me being completely shattered by 5pm! I'm grateful for that.

Eowyn x x
I have the same problem so I just put a strip of micro pore tape at the top and bottom of patches to keep them in place. Worth a try:-) cazlee
Hello all , I have used Neupro patches since October 4mg , I find they stick better to warm skin so put them on while still in bed , if this doesn't work for you ask you gp to prescribe Mepore Ultra plasters to stick over the top you will need to know size mine are 7x8cm for 4mg neupro, I can shower & swim they don't come off.
I thought there was only nepro in patch form! what are the others?
Stay warm Marie
Many thanks for all the advice. Was pleased I not the only one who has the problem. I asked Parkinson Nurse if it was a common difficulty but it was only after my app't, I realised she didn't actually answer that question.