Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gehrig's disease)

Hello, just wondered if anyone knows anything about this decease? ALS for short, only it seems to affect firefighters (article I read on google) i was wondering if I am just running away with myself? its just that my husband was a firefighter for 30yrs, and in this article it explains the symptoms of weakness muscles?limbs and other symptoms mentioned are very like PD, maybe I should stop surfing the web? if anyone has any knowledge of this ALS, please let me know, thanks all, love hols x
i think it would be safe to say that mis-diagnosis of ALS as PD would be very unlikely. Some symptoms sound similar but i believe they present in quite different ways. I wouldnt worry about it.
Thanks for that reassurance, Turnip, I was obviously running away with myself. My husband is feeling a little better past 2 days, maybe sinemet is kicking in at last. I have managed to arrange appointment for Wednesday with a Neurologist that has expertise in movement disorders/PD, dementia, just hope its good news, thanks again, love holsx
good luck