And it's goodbye from me

Hope you don't mind, but I just wanted to pop in and say goodbye. Today is my last day as Head of Digital after 6 years with the charity and I'm heading back to New Zealand (the avatar was probably the first hint of my plans!) 

I don't post much, but the forum has been a central part of my life for the past 6 years. When I started here my first job was working to create the previous forum in 2008; A lot has changed since then in the online world - and this year we've launched a new forum and website

One of the most rewarding aspects of my job over the years has been meeting people who have told me about the difference the forum made to their lives. How it made them not feel alone. So I wanted to say thanks to all of you who take the time and care to help out people coming to the forum for the first time and so generously sharing your own experiences. 

I also want to thank the team here at Parkinson's UK (and I'll stop now before I sound like it's the Oscars) They work very hard behind the scenes to keep things running as smoothly as they can. Like yourselves we care deeply about this forum. So - all the best to you. I'll probably drop in quietly from time to time from the other side of the world. That's the good things about forums. Open all hours. 

Best, Liz 

Head of Digital 
Parkinson's UK  

Liz,

I'm sorry to see you go but I hope you have a great time in NZ. It seems to be a really happening place right now with the Booker prize and WPC video competition both heading that way and a fair chance that the Rugby League World Cup will follow them.

Speaking as one of the people who have benefited from the forum I'd like to thank you for all your efforts. One of the consistent messages from World Parkinson Congress was that the Parkinson's UK website is one of the best and is used by PwP and professionals across the world.

Thanks!

Elegant Fowl

Dear Liz

All the very best in your new venture and many thanks for your work behind the forum. It is a source of great help, advice and comfort to many people.

best wishes

samdog