Anonymity

wot i did rong on the forum couple weeks back made me ill cu inot mean to do any harm ,but thenfrom then on things went on and on bout me and i felt like mud ,now i still feel rotern cus ifeel it not goin to be forgottern cus over the last few days my prob has arissern at 3 times cus of somethin else goin on nothin to do with me ,can we please just not use me as an example now please,everytime i read it me heart sink and still wonna crawl in the corner ,ino maybe it done for reasons but i dont wont it to happinin if it can not be mention agin please,i wont to forget it thankyou x ali x:smile:
Ali.

As Bob Dylan sang, "It's all over now, Baby Blue."

Or as Free sang, it's "Alright Now."

Ray.

xxx
WHO ? WHERE ? WTF AM I MISSING ?

Could someone PM me details of who this person is and what all the fuss is about.

Cheers

Yours in eager anticipation

Eck
Bob Dylan? He's a famous singer, Eck.

And Free were a famous rock band. Still are, probably. Apart from Paul Kossoff who died.
To The Breeze

I feel your sense of frustration. I used to refer to my postings as "conversation stoppers".

Just when you need a proper answer to something someone pops in with some inane drivel and the whole thing descends into chaos.

I think if you start a thread you become that threads MOD. i.e. You (the threads originator) get a say in how your thread developes. Any undesirable posts, like petty squabbles and such like can be booted.
What do you think of that then?

I also feel the original post is shown as a sticky at the start of each page and shown again on the "newpost" screen to keep people on track.

Like this very post, the topic is "Anonymity", the subject I missed completely and know nothing about, and I'm making suggestions on improving the forum!

We need a new topic "Forum Improvements". But where to put it. I hear some of you already, you dont need to reply to this post telling me where I can put it.

:bulb: (thats meant to be an idea, looks like constipation)
Found it.

From the little I've read, its a riveting read.

What we should do is publish extracts from this forum to raise funds.

"Bitching and Squabbling Monthly/Daily"

I've been watching too much of that Apprentice thing on TV

Anyway who knew that jeremy vine could induce so much bitching. I'm off to commit it all to hard copy, this is full on hardcore bitching and squabbling at its best.

Saves me going out to buy a paper.
Better than the "News of the World".

By the way, Ali already has an "Arguments Corner" for the occasional punch-up.
I do not think concerns about the way the forum is going is bitching and squabbling.
Ray,if you had concerns about David using his real name why did you not mention it when he first posted a long while ago,No.I suggest, you want him and his posts removed because he said things you did not like.Do not say he was "vitriolic" or attacking you because I saw your original post deriding and belittling his efforts, before the moderator deleted much of it. I expect he did too. He was merely defending himself.Come on,stand back and review what you have said in the last few days and you will then see that it sounds like the playground bully who runs to teacher when someone stands up to him.
Quote "He was merely defending himself.Come on,stand back and review what you have said in the last few days and you will then see that it sounds like the playground bully who runs to teacher when someone stands up to him

Agreed, and another sad fact is that this forum could really do with more inspirational people like David.
Quote, "He didn't have to reveal his real name in order to defend himself."

He should not have had to defend himself in the first place !
Hi ECD.

I was not the only one to have my posts removed or edited on this one. Deletion and editing also occurs on other threads, sometimes (heaven forbid) even on those I have no involvement in. I hope you're going to admonish all other such "culprits", or you'll be showing a bias against me alone bordering on the obsessive.

About a thousand posts ago (it seems) you said you were going to bow out of this one. So did David. And you haven't stopped since! Come on now, move on. New dawn, new day. Stop getting hot under the collar, stress is bad for PD you know.

Look, we all know you dislike me intensely, and follow me round the forum with gritted teeth like "Mr Angry", but I can live with that - I'm a big boy now. You also for some reason wish I didn't post so much about DAs/OCDs. But I do, so there, knickers. I feel very passionately about my pet topic and will keep the discussion going as long as I believe it will help. If everyone in the forum except me wanted it to stop, tough. I have every right to carry on, and will.

Similarly anybody else can do exactly the same on their own pet topic, I'm not stopping them in any way. If the forum seems to be full of posts about DAs/OCDs it can only be because no-one else is as passionate about THEIR cause as we OCD-chasers are about ours. That includes bike riders.

HOW MANY TIMES does this have to be repeated: IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME OR MY TOPIC, DON'T READ IT! You wouldn't watch a two-hour film on TV if you hated it, would you, you'd turn it off. So do the same with me, I promise I won't be offended. There's no point in reading everything I say and then - with steam coming out of your ears - exploding onto the keyboard in indignation.

Ray.
No need to be patronising.I am certainly not hot under by collar as was trained to deal with people similar to yourself.
Let us get this straight.I do not dislike you. I just dislike the way you are behaving at the moment.
Quote:- HOW MANY TIMES does this have to be repeated: IF YOU DON'T LIKE ME OR MY TOPIC, DON'T READ IT! You wouldn't watch a two-hour film on TV if you hated it, would you, you'd turn it off. So do the same with me,

And from what I can see that is what people are doing - looking at the site, seeing the arguments, seeing your "passion" on nearly every posting and leaving the site and not returning/or not posting.

I can understand your need to write about the problems experienced however maybe you could try and limit it to one section - to give other sections a chance to grow and go in whatever direction it chooses - to give people a chance to explore other avenues - not just DA addictions.

This forum needs light.

The Breeze
Eck - thank you for responding to my posting. I am not sure how to proceed with making this forum a more buoyant place to be.

Maybe just a posting asking for suggestions from the readers to start with and then see if the moderators/PD UK will make any changes?

Maybe me and you are the only ones feeling this way?

The Breeze
Oh, we're back over here now.

No wonder I can't keep up.

I'm the one who mentioned bickering and squabbling, ray makes a reference to the news of the world and your on it like a shot.

I'd understand the badgering if ray was spreading TB.

no like-y , no read-y

It should be a function of the forum to be able to ignore users you don't like, that would cut out a huge part of the bickering. There I go again with the suggestions
Trouble is Eck, I don't know if I don't like-y unless I read-y. Also I am nose-y
ECD et al:

I really do fail to see the problem.

If any thread or post has my name against it, or appears to be about DAs/OCDs, don't open it. Do not press that key. Do not click that mouse.

I's not rocket science.

Enjoy the day.

Ray,
If we're not careful, this potentially excellent forum could shoot itself in the foot. We can't afford the luxury, and luxury I believe it is, of squabbling amongst ourselves when this anal activity precludes some possibly very needy person from wishing to interfere. Can we get over ourselves and get back to being mutually supportive and informative whilst at the same time recognising the fact that we can all be: angry, grumpy, in pain, decidedly in discomfort, scared, ignorant, scared, depressed, no confidence, and did I forget to say scared?
hi sorry I thought this was a site to help people with pd,
must have on lets fight all night.com. after being
with pd three months ago I was on here looking for people in the same
boat who help and support each other. must have the wrong site. sorry again.