Anxiety and Panic attacks

Hi

Does anyone suffer with anxiety attacks and panic attacks I am finding it difficult to go anywhere outside the house even going to the shop or hairdressers just feel I need to rush out. Have never felt like this before not sure if it is a side effect of medication or development of PD.  I take Pramipexole one per day 1.05 and Mirtazapine 30 mg one at night.  The Mirtazapine makes me feel really bad first thing when I wake up but have been trying to stick with it to see if it calms down been taking it for 3 months.  The panic attacks are the worse thing I have felt really limit what I can do.  Hope someone can suggest anything that will help. 

regards Sugaplum

I have no experience of the drugs you are taking, but would recommend you read the leaflets that come with them to see if panic attacks are a known side-effect.  I would suggest you speak to your Parkinson's nurse, neurologist or your GP as soon as possible because there is something definitely wrong.

Peter.

1 Like

Hi - I have found some hypnotherapy sessions have really helped me to control my parkinsons associated anxiety.  

Hi sugerplum,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling anxious and worried. If you would like to talk to someone about your symptoms and medications our Helpline team are available on 0808 800 0303. They would be happy to help  and give advice. We're open from Monday-Friday: 9am-7pm, and Saturday: 10am-2pm.

Take care,

Edwina

Moderation Team

[Post removed by Moderator on request]