Any Gay Parkies?

click on my account left hand side blue box MY MESSAGES hope this helps you.ph

Hi HughesNewbie, 

You can find more information about messaging here: http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/content/messaging

Hope this helps!

It was easier before when it was at the side of the post saying something like" send private message!

Sorry- that was so obvious. Duh. Thanks. 

it was midnight  razz

1 Like

Hello Ian,

Could we possibly talk about the ways in which you've started to work ways of dealing with your Parkinson's diagnosis.

[personal email address removed]

its not to pry, but for me to raise awareness!

Thank you

Paul

This post has been edited/removed by the community team because it does not comply with our terms and conditions. You can find our terms and conditions here: http://www.parkinsons.org.uk/content/terms-use

Coniston here, being a gay parkie also I would be very intrested in meeting up with others sometime...
Hope to catch you soon..

Oh and I forgot to mention I live in Bristol.....

Coniston here,

being a gay parkie also I would be very intrested in meeting up with others sometime...

I live in Bristol...

Hope to catch you soon.. smiley

Coniston here,

Being a gay parkie also I would be very intrested in meeting up with others sometime...

Has a gay group managed to meet.. or join alongside other PD groups and meetings ?

I live in Bristol...

Hope to catch you soon.. smiley

Coniston here,

Being a gay parkie also I would be very intrested in meeting up with others sometime...
Has a gay group managed to meet.. or join alongside other PD groups and meetings ?
I live in Bristol...

Hope to catch you soon.. smiley

1 Like

HI  Guys

Yes there are,  me.

I was diagnosed pd november 1996,  still  going strong, many stories over the years, lots of medication changes, done loads of research, more  than happy to share my info etc.

Feel free tom get in touch, I was beginng to feel that i was the only gay parky.

1 Like

Haven't been diagnosed yet but waiting for neurology appointment. Being gay with no family support network means that I feel very alone. That's why I joined this forum because the contributors seem very supportive and non-judgemental.

1 Like

Hi there all of the above

Hope you don't mind me muscling in on the chat. I am not gay which makes no difference one way or another but this topic is called as much. I think you can get as much out of these sites as you want to, if any of you are like me then you don't want too much information but company and solidarity.

​ Rosewall, I hope you find some company and support on here , can't imagine going through something like this alone, alot of PD sufferers use this forum to share their illness and compare notes by way of release. They possibly find it easier than talking to those closest. If by what you say doesn't harm anyone and makes you feel better then its done its job for you.

Good luck n take care all

Barnowl1

G'day Kev

I didn't interpret any of these post the way you have, we obviously perceive things differently. I am in no way talking for the chaps on here but i think it's no different asking if there are any gay people with PD to asking if there are sports enthusiasts, single parents or  trainspotters with PD. Its just like minded people coming together. nothing said inferred that PD had anything to do with sexuality.

Barnowl1

Hi everyone

Sorry to join the thread so late but wondered if you had seen a recent Parkinson's UK news story.  There are online pilots of self-management groups starting soon, one of the groups is for people with Parkinson's and their partners and carers who identify as lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and or transgender. 

You can find out more by emailing [email protected],uk or read the news story www.parkinsons.org.uk/news/our-self-management-programme-evolving

Best wishes

hi,
How are you feeling?,
58 years I have 22years of pd\\

Hi All,

I am new to the site after taking a long time, and various itrerations of medications, to feel in a good enough place to want to share. I am gay and was diagnosed with Pd in Jan 17 and have had mainly good medical support from the Clara Cross centre in Bath. I am now keen to find a local group to help me rationalise things and have heard positive things about potential groups in Bristol! Can anyone provide info about support groups ( that ideally includes LGBT’) that are available in the Bath / Bristol area? Many thanks!

1 Like

HAve not read whole post. LGBTQ+ early onset (27) all the best to everyone

1 Like

Hi @Sealy69,

A warm welcome to the forum.

We aim to be as inclusive as we can, therefore, I would encourage you to check out the nearest local group to you. There are around 365 local groups across the UK and they offer people with Parkinson’s the chance to talk and connect with each other face to face. You can find more info as well as use our search tool here - https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/information-and-support/local-groups

If you have any more questions, you can always contact our helpline team on 0808 800 0303.

Best wishes,
Reah

Many thanks for the welcome and information. I will look up my nearest group! Regards N