Anyone taking Ambroxol

Hi everybody,

is anyone taking Ambroxol, if so, do you think it is helping or not?
What doseage do you take? Which symptoms is it helping with?
Did you decide by yourself to take Ambroxol or were you recommended it by a doctor or nurse.

Regards,

Dave.

Hi DHP,
.I’m a bit amazed. Although I am not sure what the Justia link was really. It seemed to be a lot of legalese. Not like the usual medical results blurb I’m used to.

Dave.c

Hi Dave…yes I have been taking 600mg/day for a month, now, and will continue for the foreseeable at this concentration, as I have definitely felt clearer headed, and notice improvement in coping with fine motor functions (eg getting undressed, tying laces ). I also notice that my ability to feel unimpaired or debilitated after2-3 pints on a night out…has greatly improved my social confidence…is this all due to Ambroxol? …I believe it may be…and the impact of my beginning to believe in the possibility of a brighter future…is truly uplifting…I informed my Parkinson’s nurse that I’d be putting myself on the drug, and intend to update her when I see an irrefutable improvement that could be quantifiable…eg an end to tremors altogether, or total loss of any ‘off’period during my unchanged carb/Levi regime…You will have read of the positive outcome of this years Ambroxol Tolerance and Globocerebrocidase enhancing phase 1 trial, conducted on 17 PD sufferers…what would be wonderful would be to hear from any one of that cohort, to get their feedback on having taken as much as 1.26g/day of Ambroxol over 6+ months…are they free to comment,and reading this ?

I’ve just taken the plunge and placed my first order. I’ve read everything I can find and checked with my PD nurse and I can’t find a good reason not to.

I’ll let you know how I get on.

Hi Jgo, Please I would be extremely grateful if you can tell me where you ordered your Ambroxol from. Many thanks Katie

Hi Katie,

I got mine from Amazon . Really easy to find - just put Ambroxol in the search box!

I’m just about to go into week 3, so too early to report any progress yet.

Please let us know how you get on.

Good luck. Jill

Hi there , @DHP @William @Jgo
Am coming rather late into this thread but am hoping that someone will be able to advise how to access a higher dose of Ambroxol than one can buy on Amazon, which is the 30mg tablets . And also whether there are contraindications when taken with standard Parkinson’s medication. I asked the Parkinson’s nurse last week and she had never heard of Ambroxol… I suspect our excellent GP will say to ask the Parkinson’s nurse…
With thanks,

Hi Pippa, sorry, I can’t help with sourcing higher dose tablets. I’m happy with the 30s. Even though you have to take quite a large quantity they’re really small and I find that I can swallow them a few at a time.
I checked with my Parkinson’s nurse before starting on Ambroxol. She had to look it up but was happy for me to try it.
I would ask yours to look into it for you.
I am very fortunate that my GP is open to suggestions but he admits that his knowledge about Parkinson’s is limited. I prefer that to someone who tries to make out that they know best about everything…

Really appreciate your help @DHP and @Jgo. Thanks a lot.

Hi dhp,
Thank you for your report.
I was diagnosed with PD two years ago and would like to start with ambroxol.

Have your improvements continued since your last report last year?

Thank you beforehand for any comment or thought on this

information removed by admin to protect users’ identity

Hi DHP,

thanks for your post, always interesting and appreciated. I started taking Ambroxol in March but I don’t really feel any benefit yet. I have built up my dosage to 450mg / (15 tablets per day). Can you say what dosage you noticed some benefit to your condition?
The trial dose is 35 tablets per day at 20p each. Do you think I could get it cheaper?

Dave

Dear DHP,
thank you so much for your interesting in-depth account of your Ambroxol experiences.
It has given me the last arguments to decide to start the Ambroxol treatment.
I will go for minimum 900 mg/d with some ramp-up. I have ordered some packages of 75 mg tablets from Germany.
I am in my 3 yr after PD diagnosis.
Slow and stiff movements, trouble with speech and word/memory mobilisation are some examples of my symptoms.
I have tried a lot of things so far, red light therapy, HBOT, vitamins, supplements and exercise.
After some time with Ambroxol I will report back in this highly informative thread.
Thank you so much!