Anyone with a close relative with later stage PD?

Hi 

My Aunt is in the later stage PD and is now in a nursing home. 

Is there anyone out there who has a family member who is in later stage PD who would like to chat, rant or just scream about what's going on ??

i am feeling very lonely as no one seems to understand how i am feeling and its really affecting how i feel.

we were so close and now i can only visit for uo to 10 minutes as a time as all i get in constant abuse and its so upsetting. 

Please if there is anyone out there who feels the same please get in touch.

Ands x 

Hi Ands, 

This must be really difficult for you, to have been so close with your aunt and now feeling like you're unable to be with her. Have the nursing home been much help? 

I can't speak for everyone else on the forum but I know there are people supporting loved ones with Parkinson's who post here too. Hopefully they can reach out to you. You can contact our peer support service to talk to another person who has been through what you're going through. Find out more at https://www.parkinsons.org.uk/content/our-peer-support-service. This isn't for everyone but I'd recommend you give it a try, it sounds like you need someone to talk to. 

Please feel free to browse this section of the forum as you may find that previous posts can also offer some guidance. 

Take care. 

Kat