Apomorphine and Travel

Does anyone have experience of travelling longhaul (flying) with an Apomorphine pump? I have been offered this medication to even out the dosages of Levodopa and mitigate Dyskinesia but am concerned that it may restrict my travel - I have family in Australia. Issues such has taking/obtaining sufficient supply of medications, going through security, etc spring to mind.
Any experiences would be welcomed

Hi we have travelled to Egypt and Lanzarore with the pump, to Egypt we only went to Egypt for a week so we took enough for 2 weeks but we went to Lanzarote for 3 weeks so we took 28 bottles reservoirs and infusion lines. Had no probs going through security at Manchester went through scanner with pump on no prob, they seemed to think it was a pump for diabetes but were happy enough for us to go through with a quick scan over with the wand, I was dreading Egypt as they seperate couples but they were very understanding with my husband both going in and coming out of the country. Same in Lanzarote no problems. Our Apro nurse did lend us a spare pump to take with us. They were all packed in one bag which i checked in as a medical bag. Will be interested to hear how you go on with the pump as husband been on for almost 12 months but feel it is more of a bother to him now than benifit as he now has Lewy body and is always fiddling with the pump. Mind he is talking of us going to New Zealand so who nows. Goid luck with things

Hi there. I have I have only just joined. Many thanks for the information on travelling with the pump etc

Hi Vonny!

We just wanted to step in to welcome you to the Forums! We’re happy to see you’ve already benefited from the wisdom of our lovely community regarding the Apomorphine pump, and we just wanted to encourage you to visit our website at Parkinsons.org.uk for additional resources. You can even ring our free and confidential helpline at 0808 800 0303 if you’d like some one-on-one support. Meanwhile, enjoy your time here and feel welcome to contribute as much as you like!

Wishing you the best,
Jason
Moderation Team